Why Allow DOB then make the age 30?

What's the point in allowing the user to put in their own date of birth and then being made to be 30 anyway if younger then said age? Surely you should either eliminate 1979 onwards fromt eh drop down or allow ppl to be a manager at a younger age, there is no law against someone under 30 being a football manager. And before anyone moans that it would be stupid, its a choice, if you dont like the idea, dont select your age as young, however if you would want to play as your own age you then could. This annoyed me in the last few FM games so i just thought i would throw my well chewed dummy out the pram for a bit of dirt collecting.

It keeps putting me as 29 even though I'm 25, so I'd say 29 is the minimum.

Oh and I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but I use FMM to adjust my age when I have started the game.

No 25 is the youngest.. just tried it out by starting a new game..

managerprofileml2.jpg

w1280.png

I suppose they want some semblance of realism. It's unlikely to get managers under the age of 30, and probably near enough impossible if under 25. I think it would just look weird if Man Utd was managed by a 12 year old. Funny though!

While I agree that it's incredibly unlikely to have a manager under 25 it still should be allowed in the game just as female managers (also incredibly unlikely to be appointed for male teams but is now included) are now allowed to be female. When it comes to the USER I believe the game should give over a little of it's dedication to realism to allow people to be themselves as it has now finally done for female gamers. Equally I should be allowed to be 23 in the game as I am in real life, it's a minor annoyance but it would be extremely simple to change.

I used to agree with this as having a 16 year old manager is a bit unrealistic, but if we're throwing girl managers in as well, I see them about as likely. This should be reversed now. (Or get rid of girl managers, or being able to take over ManU as a rookie, &c. Don't just randomly decide which realistic measures you're going to take)

yeah that culd b unrealistic but alot of things in the game become unrealistic over time to......some people sign players that are unrealistic for that club....some people finish in positions that is unrealistic for that club.....etc etc

I'm sure we will see a female manager (perhaps when a top womens world cup team that doesn't have a male manager does well) at some point, but will never see a 16 year old manager.

Adding female managers to the game changes texts, imagine being a female player and constantly being called 'he'. How often is your age brought into the game? Rarely. If you absolutely must see a 19 on your profile page then use an real-time editor like FMM and change it.

I think KUBI got a little carried away with Obama-fever. If there was a "US President simulator" then I assume it would follow constitutional law which does actually put an age restriction on candidates.

As for the game, it doesn't bother me personally that it changes my age at the start of the game, and no doubt when the version of the game that does use my correct age finally comes (2015) it'll just make me feel a little old. Really I suppose there's no reason for the age limit to be in the game because nobody ever sees it except the people who are playing and I'm guessing that since we're all stepping into a world where we go from whatever we do now to being a football manager we can't be that concerned with such details being realistic.

Well i would say it is more realistic for a woman to be managing Manchester United as long as she is over 30 and has some experience in football than some 16 year-old kid yeah... At the end of the day putting their genders aside one is a kid and the other is an adult and that makes a huge difference.

Let me just add I think the age limit is very realistic and definitely should be there a I doubt there is any none case of and U-30 year-old manager and I am talking about pro clubs not amateurs.

Yeah this is a simulation game, but it simulates real llife and the amount of realism should be close enough albeit I do think that the addition of female managers is a gimmick to attract more female customers if there are any, but hey there's gotta be a little business involved too. But the age thing stretches it a litle too far and it's not that big a deal just be a little older in the game it'll make you feel more stronger and mature :)

I may be completely wrong here but I think the age of the manager has an impact on the way the manager is treated in the game. Having a realistic cut off point at 25 means the game does not have to deal with extreme and unrealistic circumstances like a 13 year old Premier League manager.

Saying that I don't remember too many media items questioning a manager being too old, so it is either only applicable to the lower end of the age spectrum or it is complete rubbish.

I don't follow womens football so I can't say, but are there any successful female national team managers? If one did reach success at an international level in womens football, I'm sure some club would be willing to hire her on. But there will never be an actual teenage manager in my lifetime.

Why are ppl complaining about how unrealistic it would be. It's simple, if you dont like the idea of it being unrealistic, in your own game dont put your age as that. Its simply having the freedom to chose, i couldnt give a toss if someone put their age as 120 on thei game, cos its not gonna make one ayeota of difference to my game. However i would like to be 23 my real life age in game, as i am old enough to do uefa coaching badges and i am old enough to hold a professional full time job.

I'm 15 and used to use FMM to change my age until I found out that FMM and Genie Scout corrupted my games.

corrupted the games????

I always change my age with FMM. I also think that when selecting DOB in the drop-down menu, you shouldn't be allowed to select past 1983 since game doesn't allow it anyway. I can choose my real age starting with FM2010 :)

I'm 15 and used to use FMM to change my age until I found out that FMM and Genie Scout corrupted my games.

That should not happen by just changing your age. :confused:

Anyway, not having my real age in the game does not bother me but I don't see what difference it makes putting it in. The argument of it being unrealistic i do not agree with.

Even if just for asthetical purposes, the game should show your correct D.O.B. If there is some major issue with the game's code not being able to cope with a manager having an age below 25, then it should be adjusted to treat any age below 25 as if it were 25.

I've seen no decent reason so far as to why I should be referred to as being far older than I actually am - as said previously, if people get their correct genders, we should also get our correct ages.

Archived