I dont understand the moaning...FM09 looks brilliant!

Right ok, been looking through the forums last few days and about 80 per cent of people on here dislike the new game for some reason. Whether it be the 3D match engine, injury bugs etc etc i really dont see how this game is so much different that everyone seems to be turning their back on SI and football manager. When i loaded up the game i found that my laptop couldn't really support the 3D match engine, it ran, just very slow and jittery. However, this didn't bother me as the 3D engine doesn't seem to be all that brilliant so i went into prefernces and turned it off. Also when SI announced the whole 3D match engine i didn't really warm to it as ive never seen it done well. I run the game with 2D match which i prefer to the 3D and surely the people moaning about the 3D match engine should just do the same as they didn't have a real problem with the 2D engine in previous games.

The new features are really very good. Especially the assistant feedback during the game. This is a really good feature and nice to see SI listening to fans as i always see people in these forums asking for more involvement of the assistant managers. Also the media and transfer side of the game have been improved.

I can't help but feel that people are only moaning because they can't get the 3D match engine to work. OK people are moaning about the injuries but i don't seem to have a problem you just have to pay more attention to players fitness going into and during a game. I feel SI have made a very good game this year and im excited to buy my copy. Anyone else agree?

Don't forget that this happens every year.

Forums will by default fill with people moaning, because ultimately they have more to say and more desire to say it. That isn't a bad thing, because it means a better game in the future when those complaints are put across properly. i.e the Injury bug.

I personally agree, aside from the injury bug, 09 is looking very good (and I prefer the 3d view, it has issues due to the engine but it's still better than 2d :) )

Don't forget that this happens every year.

Forums will by default fill with people moaning, because ultimately they have more to say and more desire to say it. That isn't a bad thing, because it means a better game in the future when those complaints are put across properly. i.e the Injury bug.

I personally agree, aside from the injury bug, 09 is looking very good (and I prefer the 3d view, it has issues due to the engine but it's still better than 2d :) )

Couldn't agree more. People that are enjoying the game don't come here in great numbers to say so, they just play the game.

IMHO the injury bug is the only big problem I have seen in the game. Get that sorted in the release day patch and I'll be happy.

Couldn't agree more. People that are enjoying the game don't come here in great numbers to say so, they just play the game.

IMHO the injury bug is the only big problem I have seen in the game. Get that sorted in the release day patch and I'll be happy.

Completely agreed with that last sentence. I really like it so far, it seems a lot more realistic than the previous two and all the new features are great. As soon as they release the fix for the injury bug then I'll play it all the time.

Completely agreed with that last sentence. I really like it so far, it seems a lot more realistic than the previous two and all the new features are great. As soon as they release the fix for the injury bug then I'll play it all the time.

To be fair, i've been lucky with injuries, im at Peterborough, had a couple injuries to McClean, Keates, but no more than 4 individual injuries and im into my 9th league game.

the injury bug is the only thing that makes the game annoying to play as i have no problem with 3D graphic what so ever. game is great don't get me wrong but it doesn't look like it was finished that's what people are worried about. i know the game will be better when the real one comes out but putting out a demo that really didn't impress as in the bugs wasn't good marketing.

nice to come across this thread, this is the exact same way i feel. i know that once the crashes and bugs are fixed, this will easily trump fm08. the skin seems sharper and clearer, widescreen support is amazing, etc. i personally hate the 3D, but i was in the "i'm not bothered if it's rubbish, i'll either be happy it's good or stick with 2D" camp, so i'm not bothered about that.

the only thing i'm truly disappointed about is that SI released this demo in the first place, it was either unready or untested. the release day patch is a bit embarassing for what could've (and should've) been a great triumph for them

i agree that is is better. it seams alot mor realistic. as in im spurs and ive got a beast tactic. just things like pavelychenko hasn't scored 25 in 25 is a realistic thing and that you cant just drop new players in and they perform. i brought veloso and he took 4-5 games to get going. now he's a beast!

To be fair' date=' i've been lucky with injuries, im at Peterborough, had a couple injuries to McClean, Keates, but no more than 4 individual injuries and im into my 9th league game.[/quote']

As long as you stay relatively injury free then I think the game's great.

I hated Football Manager 2007 (I would seriously have rather played Premier Manager 98) and barely liked FM08 more so if this game wasn't good I was gonna give up on FM for good, but I'm certainly going to buy it after playing the demo.

I've only played the game for a few minutes (I never dedicate any real time to demo's) and I've played 30 minutes of the 3D match engine (Full highlights) but I do really like it. Of course, I haven't given the demo much attention, but I've seen enough to persuade me to shell out for the full game.

We may need a patch or 2 to iron out a few niggles, but all-in-all, I think this will be the first version of Football Manager that I like.

I think the Match Engine, in 3D, will end up looking very, very good and I'm tempted to buy 09 after skipping 08.

i was disappointed with it, although it is nice seeing the players play, as it were. i won't use it much apart from cup finals, etc, but i reckon by fm11 it will be breathtaking. whilst it's nothing special at the moment imo, it's a solid platform and can only get better

yeh i think its very bug free so far. injury bug of course and a few 3d bugs but nothing that is a big deal. hopefully these bugs are fixed with the first patch. ive had a a few 3d freezes, usually after scoring and only for a moment. if these can be fixed 3d will be great. me seems really good. i want the full game NOW!

I have been tinkering with the demo since sunday and my overall opinion is that there are flaws in what has been produced but nothing that will mean I will not buy the game come 14th november.

The biggest headache I have with the demo is that when I access the team information screen it seems to bog down the game to a crawl. aside from that I am lovin' it.

And to the critics of the tactic being ruined by the removal of the arrows. I see no problem. I think it makes the game even more realistic as you are now making your players play with true instructions rather than using arrows to make crazy ME busters.

I read through the forums before I played and was expecting it to either:

a - not work on my machine.

b - be absolutely rubbish.

I must say I'm very pleasantly surprised. I think it's great! Maybe everyone should have lowered their expectations like I did.

Archived