Should I?

As per others I'd suggest downloading the demo and ensuring it installs on your system, and giving it all a once over to check your happy.

However, I have to say that personally I think if your enjoying 08 then 09 is almost a must. The basics are the same, the engine seems pretty much similar. Although a few faults are more glaring through 3D than with 2D. But overall it seems the next step up as you would expect with the next release.

look i didnt ask for stupid comments, i just asked the people who have it and i wanted to know what they thought and whether it was worth it

stop wasting my time

Why don't you want stupid answers when you asked a stupid question? We don't know what games you like, we don't know your gaming budget, we don't know what your computer is like, we don't whether you like football management sims. We're not the store, we can't give you a money back guarantee. Don't be a lazy bum and try the stupid demo.

look i didnt ask for stupid comments, i just asked the people who have it and i wanted to know what they thought and whether it was worth it

stop wasting my time

Oh for heaven's sake, take a joke and stop being so precious about your lovely thread. You started a thread, which has hundreds of answers already plastered over the forums so I don't know what you expected people's reactions to be.

The demo has had mixed reactions, so your best bet is to try the demo and make up your own mind. Personally I hated it to begin with, but tried again last night and quite enjoyed it.

stop wasting my time

Stop wasting everybodys time. As mentioned try the effin demo and if you like it then support SI and grab that game.

Personally I would. The match engine is superb this time around. Makes FM08 look a bit silly. There's a handful of new features and while they're not crucial they're pretty neat. Those features along with 3D, new and improved match engine and updated data is surely worth a few measly coins.

Don’t you guys think you are going over the top and it looks like you guys are ganging up with the OP..

Yea he asked a question and maybe responded over the top to one of the comments but don’t you guys think it would have been better to ignore his comments?? Sometimes its best to ignore then reply as it could turn a bit nasty.

To the OP..

When you make a thread asking a question like this, you would get answers in a similar manner, its always best to download the demo and judge it for your self, or read all the threads which are discussing the demo.

Personally I always judge a game for myself as what I like in a game other people may not.

Don’t you guys think you are going over the top and it looks like you guys are ganging up with the OP.

I think a majority of people have been mucking about, i'd like to think the OP was big enough and old enough to take a joke and not feel like he's being ganged up on. His "look i didnt ask for stupid comments, stop wasting my time", comment didn't help much.

I understand what you are saying Nomis07, but the way I read the thread that’s the way it came across to me, and not all the people know how to take a joke judging from his reply to Ozzy.

And I also agree his reply did not help, but you know before we moved over to the new forum we were discussing what makes these forums seem unfriendly, sometimes these threads are the cause of it I believe.

I agree, to an extent, but I wouldn't want to see the forums lose some it's jokey goings on just because some people can't take a joke. That's not to say you're wrong and i'm right :p It's all about peoples interpretations of what others say, and sometimes we have to take it on the chin when we get the p taken out of us.

I agree, to an extent, but I wouldn't want to see the forums lose some it's jokey goings on just because some people can't take a joke. That's not to say you're wrong and i'm right :p It's all about peoples interpretations of what others say, and sometimes we have to take it on the chin when we get the p taken out of us.

I understand what you are also saying, and yea it would be a shame to loose all the good banter around the forum and i also must say i have had my fair share of p takes over the years :p

but when we do came accross a thread which has the potential of heating up, maybe we need to consider ignoring the thread or try and calm it down.

but when we do came accross a thread which has the potential of heating up, maybe we need to consider ignoring the thread or try and calm it down.

:thup: Very true, and it's been discussed at length in the "These Forums" thread. It's just far too easy to get caught up in the joke when bored at work :D

:thup: Very true, and it's been discussed at length in the "These Forums" thread. It's just far too easy to get caught up in the joke when bored at work :D

Like right now I am skiving off from work, and just browsing the forums..

Got a report to do and cant be asked… :p

Nomis where you find the code for the all the emoticons?

Nomis where you find the code for the all the emoticons?

I've just picked them up over time on here.

:thup: = : thup :

:cool: = : cool :

:rolleyes: = : rolleyes :

:mad: = : mad :

Without spaces, obviously. (There are more but it limits you to 4 images per message)

Archived