Is it not possible to have two installs for 3D and 2D

This might be a stupid idea as I dont know too much about programing and stuff like that. It seems that people who have a computer that cant run the 3D on FM09 cant play the game at all. Alot of people play with aging computers a few of my mates do and I dread to think how I can explain that they need a new PC as they are clueless about RAM and processers and everything else. Is it not possible for SI to release the game so that when you install it you can have the option of not installing the 3D and just having the classic old 2D blobs, or is this just impossible?

My computer is extremely quick and can run any current game available but there are fans who dont want 3D on their old PCs and laptops. Could SI cater for there needs by enabling them to have the option of leaving the 3D out or is that too complicated and something I wouldnt understand?

It should work that way:

Detecting the grafik card and processor. If it does not meet the minimum specs: Disaibling 3-d, loading up the game in 2-d modus only.

Unfortunatetly there are some issues with some processors obviously not tested.

Alot of people play with aging computers a few of my mates do and I dread to think how I can explain that they need a new PC as they are clueless about RAM and processers and everything else. Is it not possible for SI to release the game so that when you install it you can have the option of not installing the 3D and just having the classic old 2D blobs, or is this just impossible?

If your computer is incapable of 3D then the game will default to 2D automatically (well in theory anyway ;)). As for your mates well its hardly the fault of SI if people have dinosaur computers and are clueless about things like upgrading ram\processors\graphics cards and drivers is it? SI release minimum spec information beforehand and demos to try things out so its not their fault if people don't read this information or try the demos. Any problems that people are experiencing with the demo should be addressed when the patch is released at the same time as the full game.

Archived