40 pound its not gears 2 or fable 2 or halo ok maybe halo

there asking for more money then it was for a basic text based game its put me off sorry si no deal

Where did you see it for that price? Please post a screenie or link. 40 quid for a pc game is absolutely ridiculous.

i've heard some popular torrent sites will be doing it for free on release day, the mind boggles :) is that even legal?

depends on who you ask. most people will say no its not legal but there are of course those who have different interpretations of intellectual property laws...

as for the thread starter. i know how you feel 350 - 400 kuna (cca 40-45 pounds) is a standard price of games in here. not even for new games mind you just for 99% of them. for example 2 year old championship manager for example is still going under that price.

sometimes some new games get 450-500 kuna (50-55 quid) price tag.

depends on who you ask. most people will say no its not legal but there are of course those who have different interpretations of intellectual property laws...

It is illegal, end of. If you see FM09 offered on any site other than the advertised ones you should report it.

It is illegal, end of. If you see FM09 offered on any site other than the advertised ones you should report it.

i simply pointed out that some people have different interpretations of copy right infringement laws. read an article about it just couple of days ago. in short the philosophy is that copying a game is treated as stealing when in fact nothing is stolen since source is still there.

also not all countries have same laws about what is considered copy right infringement and what isn't. some countries, like china for example, have no protection on intellectual property whatsoever.

to give simply usa/western european interpretation of copy right infringement laws is not giving the complete picture.

It's quite clearly illegal. The laws are quite explicit in that respect.

As has been mentioned, you're not paying for the game content and effort put in (although I consider these both substantial, especially the latter) but the entertainment and period of that entertainment. Fable II is a strong game, but I bet 99% of people will play FM far more!

I believe you can pick up FM for something like 25quid (in the UK)

i've heard some popular torrent sites will be doing it for free on release day, the mind boggles :) is that even legal?

What do you think?

People get the best games of the year days before release for free on private servers.

There are sites that are legal and others that are not. Most of them have their servers in other countries and use the private site on their own country.

Archived