does anyone find the demo super slow and slugish?

yep for me it is waaay slower than 08. I am on XP with 1 GB of RAM so I am going to try 2 GB tonight to see if it helps.

But yeah just the day to day processing is just brutal for me right now. I can't imagine my 08 setup with 30+ leagues running on 09 they might finish the real life season before I do

Yes, me too.

Apart from not being able to play 3d because of my PC being too low spec, the slowness and laggyness when moving from different screens and when watching matches is the only thing preventing me from buying it when it's released.

And don't say its cause my PC's too sh*t, cause I could play 08 with no problems.

yeh ive got just over a 1GB memory its far 2 slow guna ask wife for a new laptop for xmas lol

Post your specs. 1GB isnt that much tbh. What other stuff are you running at the same time as FM.

I wouldn't say I found it sluggish, but it is noticeably slower on some parts compared to FM08, especially the post mast processing. 3D has been okay for me, a bit of lag on the rare occasion. The UI is still slow at responding during a match as I found it in 08 and 07.

Mine games running alot slower than FM08

Got a P4 2.8ghz processor

2gb Ram

GeForce Fx5200 128mb Card

The 3d is laggy (which will be down to the graphics card) but surely the game itself, moving between screens, should be alot quicker with those specs, its alot slower than FM08

What worries me is the demo is a small database with 1 league :-( You cant get much lower than that

Mine screams along. No chance to do things in between games and my pc is similar spec but worse processor than above.

However, I expect to be firmly put in my place by the full version - please let it not be laggy and sluggish as FM08 was on release. Please please please. I've upgraded my laptop as far as it goes...

plays similar to FM08 for me and I have a relatively low-specs computer. (dual core 1.73 GHz, 2GB ram, integrated intel 965 video card). Also, I always play with small database and only 3 countries (7 leagues) so not much of a difference there either for FM09 demo from FM08.

Plays pretty well for me, and my PC's pretty old. The problem is that laptops aren't really made for gaming. In previous FM's this wasn't a problem as it was still mainly a text based game that had no fancy graphics. But now FM has taken a leap forward and as such some people will need an upgrade.

I think if SI had managed to make the game so that if you didn't use the 3D it still required the same specs as '08 it would have been an excellent idea. But unfortunately this is not the case and we'll all have to just move with the times or not play the game.

Archived