High Spec Requirements..

Why such high spec requirements SI? I`m a little bit confused... It seems like the 3d view is the problem but why is that so? the graphics are nothing new. I mean i`ve seen better graphics on the games back in 2001. So i`m not sure why all of the sudden people need maxed out graphic cards to see the 3d view. I have a MAC so i`m not one of the affected but i`ve been reading so many complains about it and decided to ask this question. CAN ANY1 explain why such high spec requirements? pretty drastic jump from previous versions( no that much visible change except the new 3d view which looks like could have been handled by 3-4 year old graphic cards)...

"Maxed out graphics cards".........?

128MB cards like mine (ATI 9800Pro) are something like 6 years old. In the world of PC specs that's ancient.

If you compare the spec required for FM 2009 with nearly any other recent game title you'll see that the hardware necessary to run FM 2009 is tiny compared to most.

The GFX requirement is the only thing that's risen drastically and yes, that is down to the 3D engine. The other specs aren't that much higher than FM 2008. That a new game will run well on a six year old system (again using mine as an example) is the exception rather than the rule.

My guess would be less than perfect coding. I am not a programmer but I would assume that if you had millions of lines of un-optimized code the requirements to process it would be more?

It may get better as the refine the software in future patches and releases

What he said. They had to rush the engine, so they couldn't code it properly.

to be fair, the requirements can be met by machines that are 6 years old. It's not high spec at all.

Not in laptops. (Besides the pretty expensive ones [at least £600+ for a laptop with a decent enough card to play this]).

The 3D engine has been in development for 3 years, that's not rushing it. Again, the system specs aren't high compared to other games that have just come out.

As far as I've read, the 3D representation has been in development for the past year, but has been considered and looked into for 3 years.

It's not a high spec at all, what's clouding the issue is a rash of incompatibility problems with cards that should run it okay in theory.

There should be a resolution (pardon the pun:D) for most of those.

My guess would be less than perfect coding. I am not a programmer but I would assume that if you had millions of lines of un-optimized code the requirements to process it would be more?

It may get better as the refine the software in future patches and releases

df agree with you!

I bought my laptop brand new last year and it can't handle the 3d engine :|

you have to be careful buying laptops, a lot of manufacturer's really scam you out of money by offering something silly like 3gb of ram or a massive hard drive combined with the least powerful gfx card on the market.

It happens all the time with desktops too - they put massive amounts of RAM in because its cheap, a big hard drive because they're cheap, an average processor and then a **** gfx card that won't run anything and say - "AWESOME PC FOR UNDER £400!!!"

When in fact it'll be completely out of date two months later.

you have to be careful buying laptops, a lot of manufacturer's really scam you out of money by offering something silly like 3gb of ram or a massive hard drive combined with the least powerful gfx card on the market.

^^^ This

Plus a lot of FM players are probably more in the casual PC Gamer market than those with true gaming machines.

I'd suspect the graphics requirements are probably more for the physics engine than the actual graphics, at a guess a football being kicked around is more complicated than most FPS's could handle.

It happens all the time with desktops too - they put massive amounts of RAM in because its cheap, a big hard drive because they're cheap, an average processor and then a **** gfx card that won't run anything and say - "AWESOME PC FOR UNDER £400!!!"

When in fact it'll be completely out of date two months later.

It's a Macbook, never intended to play games on it besides FM, which I hadn't expected needing anything special for..

Archived