Player prefered moves

Not sure where to post this but here i go.

Where are tries tricks, cuts inside etc.

i was looking forward to teach my winger to do step overs and see it in 3d.

are they just out of the demo?

You find them in the Player Interaction screen i think

that's correct... problem is that my players either decline to learn something claiming they believe that it wont help them.. (WHAT?? what you mean it wont help you? and who is the boss here??? i`m your manager you better listen to me!!!)

Just found this on features annoucement.

Preferred Moves – Train your players to learn ‘preferred moves’ to add to their game. For example, train central defenders to not dive into tackles, or wingers to do stepovers before crossing the ball.

Any body been able to teach wingers to do stepovers before crossing the ball?

do the ppms even do anything or are they cosmetic like the height / weight

The ones that were implemented certainly do on FM08, but ones like 'tries tricks' were cosmetic. I guess rather than leave it that way, SI had to choose whether to 'áctivate' those ones for 09 or take them out. Until they are able to make those PPMs real, better to just leave them out.

i was excited by this feature until i've had pretty much all my players decline learning a new PPM. during a friendly, pat rice said that nasri was used to playing a more direct passing style, so instead of changing my tactics, i asked him to play short simple passes, which he said no to. I WASN'T F***ING ASKING, I'M THE MANAGER!

i was excited by this feature until i've had pretty much all my players decline learning a new PPM. during a friendly, pat rice said that nasri was used to playing a more direct passing style, so instead of changing my tactics, i asked him to play short simple passes, which he said no to. I WASN'T F***ING ASKING, I'M THE MANAGER!

Maybe you need time to assert your authority - at the moment you're an unknown rookie manager working with established internationals. Therefore, maybe you need to play the full version and start telling the players what to do after a few months or the first season. It's a bit like not getting anywhere hurling insults at established managers until you've proven yourself.

I tried to get Eboue to stop arguing with ref and he said it would not help his game. I also tried to get Adebayor to stop trying to beat offside trap and he didn't think that would help his game either. I was lmao at these fools.

Pretty much everyone rejected what I told them to learn except for Rosicky and the U-18 players. Of course Rosicky got injured for 5 more months after he finally came back from 4 month injury and so his PPM learning got abandoned. So all I was being able to achieve of note really was to get Merida to stop playing short simple passes (try more expansive style of passing) and get Vela to run through the middle, and these were of course not finished by January.

Probably younger players are likely to be willing to learn or unlearn stuff and probably the longer you're at the club and the more reputation you have also affects how much the players listen to you. I think that since I started as sunday league footballer, no one would listen to me.

Probably younger players are likely to be willing to learn or unlearn stuff and probably the longer you're at the club and the more reputation you have also affects how much the players listen to you. I think that since I started as sunday league footballer, no one would listen to me.

That sounds about right. In FM08 it's only the younger players who can be tutored to pick up PPMs anyway.

That sounds about right. In FM08 it's only the younger players who can be tutored to pick up PPMs anyway.

I did get Rosicky to agree to learn long shot PPM so at least a few older players agree but younger ones probably agree more easily.

Archived