FM09 Gonna be a write-off?

With so many bugs appearing i.e. random, constant unexplained and unsolved game crashes, there could be an uproar if this isn't sorted asap for the "day of release patch." I myself, like many others are experiencing random all the time crashes, and this makes the game unplayable. If SI can't find a fix, then the point of this game being made and brought out is nothing short of a shambles and just pointless.

Trust me, is nothing with my computer. There is obviously a glitch in the game itself which is making it crash etc to do with certain hardward/sytems. Regardless, there are gonna be a **** load of people who are gonna return their game if it isn't fixed etc.

Well my heart goes out to you mate, but i have no problems with the game. Its freaking awesome in fact, the 3D engine, whilst not perfect adds so much to the game for me. Looking forward to creating some tactics using this baby. Been playing for hours, not one crash, no slow downs nothing.

Noticed only a few bugs so far, the most annoying one being the Keyboard typing bug.

Specs

3.4ghz Core2duo

2 Gig DDR2

2x2900xt in crossfire

XP home

That's the thing though, with random crashes it's hard to narrow it down and do a trial and error as opposed to whether or not it's always at the same point in a game.

Just speaking in general. I was looking forward to the game, but now knowing it's gonna be buggered up possibly prolly be bought and stuck straight on Ebay lol.

Put it this way, if all previous FM's worked fine, and all other games work fine without no hitches or anything major, it can only mean one thing. Bad development/testing and as a whole, the game itself causing the disruption.

Put it this way, if all previous FM's worked fine, and all other games work fine without no hitches or anything major, it can only mean one thing. Bad development/testing and as a whole, the game itself causing the disruption.

New stuff for the 3D engine though remember !

You sure your graphics card is capable ? and you have the latest DirectX your OS uses?

Trust me, is nothing with my computer. There is obviously a glitch in the game itself which is making it crash etc to do with certain hardward/sytems. Regardless, there are gonna be a **** load of people who are gonna return their game if it isn't fixed etc.

Won't be able to return it (DRM :D)

Graphics card is fine and also have all latest drivers. It could be something stupid like resolution. But like I said, when it's random, it's hard to narrow it down. You don't want to be enjoying a game then all of a sudden it ****s up because it isn't the sort of game where you want to reload etc.

Graphics card is fine and also have all latest drivers. It could be something stupid like resolution. But like I said, when it's random, it's hard to narrow it down. You don't want to be enjoying a game then all of a sudden it ****s up because it isn't the sort of game where you want to reload etc.

Happened to me 6 times in total, it ****es me off too and it's DEFINITELY not my computer. Sort it out SI otherwise I WONT be buying it.

huhek3.th.jpg

This is what happened to me after a few matches. When going to start the match the game loaded faster than normal and I thought wey hey only to see blobs instead of players. The only players that weren't blobs were the ones I subbed on.

Weird.

Also what is the dude doing all the way in the background? LOL

Anyone else seen anything like this?

I've not experienced any crashes, and neither have the majority of other people, so it may well be your PC. I don't know how you can definitely say that it's not your PC...

Have you listed your PC details and dxdiag list anywhere to help us/SI get to the bottom of your issue?

mine never crashed either.

huhek3.th.jpg

This is what happened to me after a few matches. When going to start the match the game loaded faster than normal and I thought wey hey only to see blobs instead of players. The only players that weren't blobs were the ones I subbed on.

Weird.

I had this for about half a game and then it returned to players in 3D, has this continued in the next game?

The player in the background is the played sudded off! In full working 3D mode you can see all the subbed off players standing there!

hmm maybe your computer, through the whole 6 months of the demo i had no crashes at all.

Had 1 small period where i had a 5-6 injuries and the demo was massivley playable, Cant wait till FM09 is released.

ditto for my experience, its been good, ive notices the game stuttered for a milli-second in a single match a handful of times other than that i cant wait for release

huhek3.th.jpg

Weird.

that.......... is.............. AWESOME :D

I had this for about half a game and then it returned to players in 3D, has this continued in the next game?

The player in the background is the played sudded off! In full working 3D mode you can see all the subbed off players standing there!

It went back to normal in the next game. As for the dudes at the back, I find I have someone stood there every match. LOL.

Whether I've made a sub or not. Sometimes they are wearing half my teams kit and half the opponents.

huhek3.th.jpg

Weird.

same thing happened on mine switch to 2d then back and it was fixed

I have no real problems with the game, I haven't suffered from the injury bug, I have just had the one injury in 3 games, I haven't had it crash although it has froze momentously twice, but I was running several other applications at the same time.

Other than that I have enjoyed playing the game, just having to get used to the new tactic system. 4-4-2 simply doesn't work.

With so many bugs appearing i.e. random, constant unexplained and unsolved game crashes, there could be an uproar if this isn't sorted asap for the "day of release patch." I myself, like many others are experiencing random all the time crashes, and this makes the game unplayable. If SI can't find a fix, then the point of this game being made and brought out is nothing short of a shambles and just pointless.

Hold up there partner and pull the reins on that horse. The full game hasn't been released yet, SI have promised a patch on the day of release, and I'm sure they will do everything in their power to ensure that the game can be played by the largest possible audience. It is a commercial venture and they will not allow any game-stopping problems to be unsolved. Keep the faith my friend, keep the faith. You will soon be sipping cocktails and laughing at how easily you managed to dispatch of your fiercest rivals in a huge derby game...

I had the guy in the background too half in and half out of the abstract stadium surround. Also the subs would slide to position rather than animate and run. Game also freezes for 2 - 3 seconds then catches itself up!!!! Also why no flags for the linesman. Still lots of work to be done on the 3D SI I feel.

Archived