Morale increase after defeat?

well,

when i have pre match interview and post match. it always says, my team will be pleased with what i said, and i havnt seen any one get anoyed because of my team talks yet either..

some games i lost i was favs to win, and to be perfectly honest im really struggling with the newtactics and my team look useless..

But i will say by heck i love watching the 3d. there is some reall nice moves.

I'd rather my teams morale be low from me ripping them apart before, during and after the match and them to win one than them to all be completely happy with losing.

If you are criticizing them for losing them this is odd, I haven't seen it though but haven't really gone on a losing streak just sort of 50-50.

I had similar issues.

After getting a 4.6 match rating I was angry at Darren Bent during my team talk. His morale went to very poor. Then I fined him two weeks wages (just for testing purposes really). This caused his happiness to go to 'considering his options. Then to test further I offered him a mutual termination. He rejected this offer and his morale shot up to ok and his happiness changed to 'optimistic about his future at the club'.

I'm guessing this must be another bug.

I had similar issues.

After getting a 4.6 match rating I was angry at Darren Bent during my team talk. His morale went to very poor. Then I fined him two weeks wages (just for testing purposes really). This caused his happiness to go to 'considering his options. Then to test further I offered him a mutual termination. He rejected this offer and his morale shot up to ok and his happiness changed to 'optimistic about his future at the club'.

I'm guessing this must be another bug.

Maybe 'the club' isn't your club? I don't know haha but after reading this thread I'll keep a better eye on morale, been paying far too much attention to ME and transfers.

I'm just wondering if this is the game's way of giving players a boot up the backside and galvanising them. Perhaps they are happier because they have pulled themselves together. Then again, maybe it's just a bug and I'm reading too much into it.

Reading too much into it would be my guess. I have noticed that morale doesn't seem to be the all deciding factor for many games as was the case for last year, which I do like about 09.

well' date='

some games i lost i was favs to win, and to be perfectly honest im really struggling with the newtactics and my team look useless..

[/quote']

Somehow i think that FM 09 is all about micromanaging... What i mean is that when i played games with general tactics settings i was either losing or having bunch of ties... I decided to set tactics for each player based on what position do they have and what are they strongest points.. example my MC is very good with marking and passing but not so great with long shots and finishing , so i adjust his tactics accordingly to his skills. same with forwards, wingers and defenders. Each one of them has a specific role. Right after that my team started to win majority of the games. Yeah i still lose games to the strongest teams in the league but i think its because my players are not as good as the other team...

Archived