Rio Ferdinand wants to Leave Man Utd.......

I just started a game using Man Utd and I get scolari claiming an interest. Ferdinand imediatly responds that he would be foolish to turn down the chance to join such a big club and will consider any offers. Now I may be biased being a UInited Fan but im pretty sure that at the moment Chelsea are not bigger that united. Not to mention that they have just won the league and the champions league. Also its not like this reflects real life since Rio has more than once stated that he would love to finsih his carrer at United.

Tevez has also come out and said that he would consider offers from real madrid dispite his affection for the club.

Is this a programming eror or do Si really believe that Ferdinand would be happy to join Chelsea?

My guess that many other players in the game would rweact in the same way if offers from other big clubs were made.

I got the same thing when I started with Man U. Resulted in Ferdinand playing crap.

I think it's because you are a new manager taking over (unknown one at that). So you have to prove yourself to your big players. I'm sure if Alex Ferguson left Man U then Ferdinand could well be interested in Chelsea. However, I would be disappointed to see this come up if Ferguson was still the manager.

Its just the game treating Rio like any other player when a large club comes in. Its ignoring everything else we take for granted (ManU being the bigger club, having won more things, recent success, his position within the team etc).

Really, it should take account of more variables, it just doesnt.

Hence the situation.

stranger things have happened -- there will always be a large element of chance and this sort of thing is going to crop up -- you wouldn't want the game to become predictable and the player's actions to be scripted, would you ?

Infact I was surprised but not annoyed by the tevez comments. As you said stanger things have happend. But in my oppinion Rio ferdinands are simply not realistic. i mean can you imagine lampard saying he wants to Join United. I dont and Id like the think that the game would not throw up somthing like that.

Infact I was surprised but not annoyed by the tevez comments. As you said stanger things have happend. But in my oppinion Rio ferdinands are simply not realistic. i mean can you imagine lampard saying he wants to Join United. I dont and Id like the think that the game would not throw up somthing like that.

like brazil said above, it probably has a lot to do with a new manager (you) at Man Utd, and would be far less likely to happen under Fergie. No offence, like!!!

I got the same thing when I started with Man U. Resulted in Ferdinand playing crap.

I think it's because you are a new manager taking over (unknown one at that). So you have to prove yourself to your big players. I'm sure if Alex Ferguson left Man U then Ferdinand could well be interested in Chelsea. However, I would be disappointed to see this come up if Ferguson was still the manager.

I think you're right. I know a number of Spanish players at Liverpool who would leave if Rafa left, even if a well known manager came in, never mind an unknown. You could go as far to say that if FM was ULTRA realistic, you could never manage the team you want, i.e. Man United would never employ you as their manager, and just sack Ferguson.

iirc in fm08, messi wouldnt ever play in any league other than the la liga...

i offered him the largest contract imaginable... and still he refused... so maybe there are some player specific coding.. but maybe its for a very few players...

i offered him the largest contract imaginable... and still he refused... so maybe there are some player specific coding.. but maybe its for a very few players...

I seem to remember there was some coding in FM08 related to Beckham serving out his contract with LA Galaxy and retiring -- recent developments have revealed that was an oversight but who'd have known at the time ?!

I just started a game using Man Utd and I get scolari claiming an interest. Ferdinand imediatly responds that he would be foolish to turn down the chance to join such a big club and will consider any offers. Now I may be biased being a UInited Fan but im pretty sure that at the moment Chelsea are not bigger that united. Not to mention that they have just won the league and the champions league. Also its not like this reflects real life since Rio has more than once stated that he would love to finsih his carrer at United.

Tevez has also come out and said that he would consider offers from real madrid dispite his affection for the club.

Is this a programming eror or do Si really believe that Ferdinand would be happy to join Chelsea?

My guess that many other players in the game would rweact in the same way if offers from other big clubs were made.

I had exactly the same thing with both Rio and Tevez, then to top it off who are my first league opponents????? Chelsea. I could probably understand it more if it was a big European club but not Chelsea although I do totally realise that it's more to do with us being unknown managers.

This is not true as I have signed Messi for his Release Clause of £39m in my Newcastle game. He came to me in the 4th season, just starting my 6th, he came as I had just beaten Inter to the CL title.

PS: Sorry about my above post, could a mod please delete it for me

Aye he jumped ship to leeds aswell when he became most expensive defender, then jumped to man u. TBH since hes been there hes been linked with loads of clubs including Milan and always said he would like to finish his career at man u.

But in that case, how do you rate his loyalty? He's jumped ship twice, but now says he's going to be loyal. You could easily argue giving him a high or low loyalty, and I would guess that he's been given a low one in the game - hence he's happy to move to Chelsea.

But in that case, how do you rate his loyalty? He's jumped ship twice, but now says he's going to be loyal. You could easily argue giving him a high or low loyalty, and I would guess that he's been given a low one in the game - hence he's happy to move to Chelsea.

But I would argue 'loyalty' can and does change over time - if a player becomes settled, likes team mates, wins stuff then his loyalty can change.

Eg. i had a job for a compnay for years, loved the place and people. Got made redundant, went to another compnay who showed me little 'loyalty'

and different atmosphere so my loyalty to them was pretty minimal.

the OP makes a good point, one that i was going to make after starting with Man Utd, but you have to remember the boundaries between 'the game' and 'real life'.

okay, so Rio will never join Chelsea IRL, but in the game? who knows. You're an unknown manager taking over from Fergie, so maybe he would? maybe in the game he would prefer to live and play in london.

as soon as you start the game on 1st of July or whenever it is, you leave the realms of what might happen IRL, and you're playing something that is a mere possibility.

Who would of thought the Silvesture would of went to Gooners

most United fans, actually. after questionable performances, the odd dodgy spells during games, and from the basis that he was nothing more than a backup player ever since Evra joined. A move to Arsneal had been rumoured for 12 months or so before it actually happened.

I think you're right. I know a number of Spanish players at Liverpool who would leave if Rafa left, even if a well known manager came in, never mind an unknown. You could go as far to say that if FM was ULTRA realistic, you could never manage the team you want, i.e. Man United would never employ you as their manager, and just sack Ferguson.

agree with this... but there is a solution to this problem.

SI should make it that unless you start the game with you prior experience set to International Level, then the game should NOT let you manage the big clubs because your reputation is not good enough to manage a club of such a high stature.

some gamers use LLM rules and start at the bottom of the ladder with no prior experience, and thats fine. what i'm saying is the job you begin the game with should be the equivalent (or less) to your reputation.

I agree. When I first played, I forgot to set my reputation and it was defaulted to "automatic". I figured it would automatically have my stature at a level appropriate for managing Chelsea. It wasn't. Players wanted to leave and had absolute zero confidence in me. When I restarted with international experience, players performed with my same tactics with real fire.

This is becoming like FM08 where arsenal will 90% of the time buy Mutu..

I have started the game 4 times with united and everytime Chelsea declare an interest in Rio and Inter always declare an interest in Tevez...

ok one off i can understand but every time thats kinda ridiculas.. anyway i actually put Ferdinands asking price to 30mil and that stopped the speculation and interest.

the OP makes a good point, one that i was going to make after starting with Man Utd, but you have to remember the boundaries between 'the game' and 'real life'.

okay, so Rio will never join Chelsea IRL, but in the game? who knows. You're an unknown manager taking over from Fergie, so maybe he would? maybe in the game he would prefer to live and play in london.

as soon as you start the game on 1st of July or whenever it is, you leave the realms of what might happen IRL, and you're playing something that is a mere possibility.

Exactly. Who's to say that since a new manager took over, he isn't enjoying playing under that new manager? Maybe he dreads getting out of bed each morning :p

If players are gonan have bad reactions and hence have bad performances because an unknown manager has joined the club then Si should make sure that an unknown manager can't take over a big club. Rio ferdinand has never done better tahn 6.3 and tevez never better tahn 6.9 by the time I reach november.

At least this hasnt affected my team overall since im still 1st. But surley ferdinand and tevez should get over their disapointed after 3 months.

If players are gonan have bad reactions and hence have bad performances because an unknown manager has joined the club then Si should make sure that an unknown manager can't take over a big club. Rio ferdinand has never done better tahn 6.3 and tevez never better tahn 6.9 by the time I reach november.

At least this hasnt affected my team overall since im still 1st. But surley ferdinand and tevez should get over their disapointed after 3 months.

I get what you're saying but it's up to you to win them round. I know it's difficult to do but if you're good enough you can do it!

I have the same problem after playing the demo for about an hour madrid started upsetting stevie g and he said he would be foolish to turn down a move to madrid, he would never do that ifl.:confused:

Ironic that you brought up Steven Gerrard as an example to support the OP. My first thought when I read the OP was 'Steven Gerrard - he would NEVER consider abandoning Liverpool for Chelsea, would he?'

Would he? Because a couple of years ago he certainly was.

As another poster rightly pointed out, you are a rookie manager, ousting the most successful manager in football history. Why wouldn't players rethink their loyalties. Think of Drogba's and some of his teammates' (such as Lampard) reaction when Mourinho got the chop for Grant.

Has anyone noticed any big names being unsettled by teams managed by big name AI managers, by the way?

as mentioned above, it has all to do with you being an unexperienced manager in charge of the club.

it's like ManU putting some maybe 24 year old nobody in charge... do you think all the players would just watch?

It's just a demo after all, in the real deal you can change your experience anyways and therefor players will not be wanting to leave the club.

The fun of the game is that a plyer can take over any team, anywhere (within the leagues of the game of course).

If you take that away, I reckon SI would lose an unthinkable amount of sales! Therefore, it will never ever happen.

Plus, itwould be like Premier Manager back in the day and times have moved on. THen again, i did love my days as Halifax, fighting it out in League to at the Shea Stadium ....

I have the same problem after playing the demo for about an hour madrid started upsetting stevie g and he said he would be foolish to turn down a move to madrid, he would never do that ifl.:confused:

If you mean Real, then I don't see how "he would never do that". Most players would jump at a chance to move to Real irl.

I do think the Ferdinand situation might be a tad unrealistic, with regards to Chelsea (especially in season 1, considering what happened irl in season 07/08), but Tevez? I don't see why is would be so loyal as to not consider leaving, especially for a huge club outside England.

Archived