Shoot from anywhere, Score from everywhere!

This is my summary for 3D so far, my players have a phobia of the area because they never go into it, shootin from anywhere and always without passing,

Also my opposition are even better scoring screamers from any angle i cant remember a tap in so far

this for me so far is the most unrealistic match engine so far

It sounds like you've just about nailed the problem there. I'm scoring more goals from outside the area than anywhere else. The amount of these that are deflected or complete own goals is also too high in my opinion.

Still the 3D match engine is far better than I expected and I think SI deserve praise for that.

yeah i've seen all kind of goals at my reign at man utd nani fluke goal from corner free kicks of all kind individual efforts from tevez (against chelsea, he picked the ball up at the midfield dribbled he's way through then scored the only goal of the game just to add example )

try a different team or tactics then form a new opinion

the match engine still hasn't considered the fact that strikers might want to take a touch before shooting, or moving closer to the area. 99% of the time my striker will shoot as soon as he receives the ball, even if he can run unchallenged into the box.

the match engine still hasn't considered the fact that strikers might want to take a touch before shooting, or moving closer to the area. 99% of the time my striker will shoot as soon as he receives the ball, even if he can run unchallenged into the box.

If this is the case please note the times strikers do this and upload the PKMs and log the issue in our bugs forum. If it is happening 99% of the time this is clearly a problem you should actually raise in a constructive manner that we can analyse and figure out what is going wrong. Simply bandying random hyperbole around isn't going to help.

If this is the case please note the times strikers do this and upload the PKMs and log the issue in our bugs forum. If it is happening 99% of the time this is clearly a problem you should actually raise in a constructive manner that we can analyse and figure out what is going wrong. Simply bandying random hyperbole around isn't going to help.

Sorry, but i've been doing that since FM07 and the issue has been ignored over and over and over. You already have the relevent PKM's and you've had them for years now.

Old PKMs from old versions are not helpful to us as the match engine has changed significantly. If you have a problem, please post in the bug forums for it. Like has been disussed elsewhere on these boards, all issues are logged and reviewed. If it hasn't been fixed in previous versions it may not have been deemed high enough priority. If you still have a problem with it, raise it again and make it known that you have been experiencing this problem for a long time. If it is severe enough then it will get seen to. Just because we haven't been able to fix something in the past does not mean we will not be able to fix it now, or in the future.

Old PKMs from old versions are not helpful to us as the match engine has changed significantly. If you have a problem, please post in the bug forums for it. Like has been disussed elsewhere on these boards, all issues are logged and reviewed. If it hasn't been fixed in previous versions it may not have been deemed high enough priority. If you still have a problem with it, raise it again and make it known that you have been experiencing this problem for a long time. If it is severe enough then it will get seen to. Just because we haven't been able to fix something in the past does not mean we will not be able to fix it now, or in the future.

I'll do that when i get a playable version of the game then..

I'll do that when i get a playable version of the game then..

I completely disagree with your sentiment to start with (about strikers not taking a touch), but being so completely unhelpful to aid the enhancement of the game is just terrible. I suggest you either try and be helpful and do as one of the testing team has asked. Or stop complaining.

There are ways of bringing up issues constructively. Please try and do so.

I completely disagree with your sentiment to start with (about strikers not taking a touch), but being so completely unhelpful to aid the enhancement of the game is just terrible. I suggest you either try and be helpful and do as one of the testing team has asked. Or stop complaining.

There are ways of bringing up issues constructively. Please try and do so.

get lost. I've been reporting this issue for years and they've never even looked at it.

Besides that, i would report it, yet again, for the third year in a row, if i could play the demo for longer than 5 minutes without it locking up!

Thanks for your "helpful" post...

I suggest that poeple who can actually get the demo running reliably check the number of times your strikers shoot first time when they could run in closer to goal.

Seeing as I've extensively checked the match engine throughout FML testing (all be it the 2d version) I've found it to be a fair amount in comparison to everything else..

I suggest that poeple who can actually get the demo running reliably check the number of times your strikers shoot first time when they could run in closer to goal.

And if anyone finds this to be a problem that occurs more often than not, upload the saved PKMs and give us some times in the bug forum with a reference to "Player is clean through and takes first time shot from miles out instead of running to goal" we will be able to update the bug logged on the issue with new examples for the match engine guys to look at.

Seeing as I've extensively checked the match engine throughout FML testing (all be it the 2d version) I've found it to be a fair amount in comparison to everything else..

To be honest i reported it when i was testing FML in April too. If a striker receives the ball near the edge of the area and he's through on goal, the majority of the time he SHOULD move in closer to goal before shooting. In FM and FML (i haven't played it since April) most of the time they would shoot first time or shoot from long range in spite of any player instructions.

Yeah I've had that too. I'm sure it's down to my tactics but I just can't seem to get it to do what I want it to do. My players more or less only scores from way out or from set pieces (usually freekicks straight in goal). I'm sure it has to do with the same fact that I've lost count how many 1-on-1 my players keep shooting straight on the keeper. Whenever they get into the box they seem incapable to shoot at either side of him, he just stands there and catches them with no problem. I think the only close range goal my team has done is when Walcott ran through several players, and past the keeper, to tap it in...more or less a run/walk over the line sort of goal.

get lost. I've been reporting this issue for years and they've never even looked at it.

Besides that, i would report it, yet again, for the third year in a row...

Here, you're essentially asserting that it happens in FM'08 as well, which we all have a lot of experience with.

Personally, I don't see that issue; I see my players take a touch to settle often enough that I changed a line of commentary in the commentary file to be "X takes a touch to settle" because it matched what I was seeing in 2-D more.

That suggests to me that its something you do with your tactics ..

.. and if that's the case, it may be that SI have looked at your PKM's, analyzed them, and decided "Yes, his striker is playing to his tactics. Not a bug."

Here, you're essentially asserting that it happens in FM'08 as well, which we all have a lot of experience with.

Personally, I don't see that issue; I see my players take a touch to settle often enough that I changed a line of commentary in the commentary file to be "X takes a touch to settle" because it matched what I was seeing in 2-D more.

That suggests to me that its something you do with your tactics ..

.. and if that's the case, it may be that SI have looked at your PKM's, analyzed them, and decided "Yes, his striker is playing to his tactics. Not a bug."

ffs its not my tactics. I can be playing slow tempo and telling my strikers to hold up the ball and they still will shoot first time far too often.

I had a guy with 16 in his Long Shots attribute and an "Shoots From Distance" PPM who kept shooting long range shot whenever I used him. I told him to tone down on the long shots, bumped his "Long Shots" down to rarely -thus evening it out with his PPM- and gave him a little less creative freedom. So far it have worked. He'll still take shots every game but only if he gets in a good position to shoot. So now more often than not he hits the target and have managed to score a screamer.

Archived