Moving player to reserves until match fit option

What happened to the feature where you could move players in between your senior, reserve, and youth squads for a certain amount of time or until match fit? I want to move Ekdal to the senior team until preseason is over when then he can go back to the youth squad. It was a neat feature for forgetful people like me to put the players back after they were fully fit after an injury. Is this feature hiding somewhere and I can't see it or is it really not there?

What you are saying seems to be the opposite of what that feauture allowed. It allowed you to move a player from your senior squad to the reserve squad until he is fit, at which point he is automatically returned to the senior squad. It never involved the youth squad and it never involved moving a player from there into the senior squad until he was match fit and then back again.

The functionality has altered slightly. Right click on the player, go to squad and select 'Make available for reserves'. This leaves him in the first team squad (so still visible to you) but with a Rsv icon next to his name. You decide when to untick the option and stop him playing reserve football, rather than wait for the game to return him.

Personally I find this way much, much better as I can make my bench players available to keep them fit, but without moving them out of the first team squad.

What you are saying seems to be the opposite of what that feauture allowed. It allowed you to move a player from your senior squad to the reserve squad until he is fit, at which point he is automatically returned to the senior squad. It never involved the youth squad and it never involved moving a player from there into the senior squad until he was match fit and then back again.

I'm just guessing but could he be moving the player to give him some first team experience, or that the youth team don't have a friendly and he needs them fit?

I'm just guessing but could he be moving the player to give him some first team experience, or that the youth team don't have a friendly and he needs them fit?

Yes sir both of those reasons are correct, plus in Italy there is no reserve league. So putting him in the senior squad and making him available for the reserves would do nothing. My reserve team has no matches except three preseason friendlies and the youth team doesn't start playing until the end of August. Now, If there was an option to make a player available for the youth team, I think my problem would be solved.

Archived