Quality of the assistant manager advice?

Is the quality of the in-match tactical advice given by the assistant manager dependant on the stats and ability of your assistant manager ?

Would a poor assistant manager be likely to give incorrect advice during a game ? Or just less advice, but still accurate?

Is the advice given dependant on the assistant manager's preferred formation, style, personality, etc. etc. ?

This could finally make hiring the correct assistant manager a crucial part of the game.

Would a poor assistant manager be likely to give incorrect advice during a game ? Or just less advice, but still accurate?

I would say this is a far assessment.

A good assistant manager will generally give you better advice than a poor one.

I would say this is a far assessment.

A good assistant manager will generally give you better advice than a poor one.

that's what i'd hope!!

but i notice with the scouts, the main difference is that better scouts give more lines of advice, but basically offer the same assesment as poorer scouts. correct me if i'm wrong here.

• SI Staff

Like we said earlier when announcing the new features, the assistant manager attributes are used to determine what kind of things he picks up from the match to comment upon. So the less qualified your assistant is, the less help he is in picking up things to comment upon.

And as was said above in this thread, this is the first iteration of the module, so not everything has been implemented at this stage and I'm sure we will find lots of new factors (most likely suggested by you guys here on the forums) to take into consideration when dealing with the assistant feedback. Not to mention things that you would want the assistant managers to comment upon in the future.

Like we said earlier when announcing the new features, the assistant manager attributes are used to determine what kind of things he picks up from the match to comment upon. So the less qualified your assistant is, the less help he is in picking up things to comment upon.

And as was said above in this thread, this is the first iteration of the module, so not everything has been implemented at this stage and I'm sure we will find lots of new factors (most likely suggested by you guys here on the forums) to take into consideration when dealing with the assistant feedback. Not to mention things that you would want the assistant managers to comment upon in the future.

thanks .. i was wondering about the depth, i think it's a great feature overall - makes it feel a lot more like you're working as part of a team and removes the isolation and hit/miss factor of the tactical decisions. it's a killer feature. nice one :)

This is a very good new feature, one thing that I have noticed while playing as Man Utd is that Mike Phelan (I haven't actually checked his attributes out!) seems to want to play with a fast tempo all the time and suggests that Rooney isn't happy playing at a slow tempo. So I gather that it will be just as important to find an Assistant who likes to play the way you do as much as it is to find one with good stats?

Archived