Slow Match Engine!

Firstly i would like to say that i like the new features, however can a new feature comprimise game play. The 3D view looks good although i cant help but feel that it adds atleast 30 seconds more to each game (add that to a whole seson), and thats even when i have selected commentry only. Also the press conferences gives the game a new diminsion but again once the intital excitement is over, is anyone really going to answer every single question at every single press conferences. I understand that you can send your assistant to answer the questions, as i did at spurs with gus poyet. The problem with that is twice out of the five time i sent him, he was in a bad mood and became abrupt with the media, which then had an effect with my players. So if i did attend every single press conference, the time added on to a single season must be hours!!!

I used to be able to complete a season with in 8 hours, now i played 13 games and i'm already 5 hours in.

I am interested to see how long it takes other players to player the game and to see if any one else shares my opinion that making the game too complex can ruin game play?

Gone are the days where you can play a season in one day.

It's more of a management simulation than ever now and I would recommend changing the way you play. Try and play a couple of games per night and really think about how you are going to get the better of your opponents. Once you come around to this mentality you will enjoy the game more - win or lose - because you have done everything possible.

You can't tell me if you whiz through games you are really thinking about how you are going to win your opponents?

Trust me you, be patient and in the long run it will pay off. You can improve players morale pretty easy with a comment here and there. Find opposing players who lack bravery and get your team to go in hard on them etc.. things like that. I even bring in players my top players recommend to keep them happy and get the maximum out of them.

Also Scout - Everywhere!!

Good luck!

bRAzil definetly has it right. The trick is to immerse yourself in being a manager. Look at your players, try to understand and build a personality in your mind. Tweak your tactics. Spend hours searching through polish teams for fantastic players. You complete a season in a slower time but somehow you don't mind becuase when you do you know you've 'lived' every moment.

Sounds a bit a-retentive, but its not even close to "i am interviewed by the shower curtain every morning" levels and we've all been there right?

Archived