Are us Aussies getting the game a day early?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game tends to arrive to many users one or two days early if they've pre ordered online anyway.

I think the record was people receiving the game on the Monday when it wasn't out until the friday back in 2007.

id rather pay abit more to have it earlier.....personal preference...

Wouldn't matter either way mate, you have to register your copy in 09 so you couldn't do that till the 14th either way.

My local EB up here at Port Macquarie had a fairly large FM 09 display of cases with the 14th as the released date, but no $59.95 price tag :(

As i said australian retailers wont have it here to 2-3 weeks after british release...that is in my experiance anyway. Dont hold your breathe mate.....

Yep, I agree with that. It's released on the 14th in England, we definitely won't have it here then. Some may have it the following week but most will probably have it the week after. So I reckon about the 24th and after is when most games shops should have it.

Like I said though, a few people and retailers will have it in the following week, so people looking to buy from a shop, I'd be ringing around on Wednesday 19th - Friday 21st and you may get lucky.

Is that CDWOW place a good place to order it? How long does it take to come? Furthermore why is it so cheap?

I ordered I think FM2006 from there, it did arrive fine after a few weeks after release. The reason it is $57 is that is about the same price you pay if you buy it internationally @ say 22 pounds etc. I ordered mine from the hut this time and equates to about $60 include delivery.

I ordered I think FM2006 from there, it did arrive fine after a few weeks after release. The reason it is $57 is that is about the same price you pay if you buy it internationally @ say 22 pounds etc. I ordered mine from the hut this time and equates to about $60 include delivery.

Cool thanks I think I'll just go buy it from a store.. However waiting for it for like forever is gayzors... Is it faster buying online? Or same same?

hey guys, i just went into EB Games in Pitt Street, Sydney, their stock arrived today and its on sale on Thursday, i know the manager so it is pretty much 100%

He did say there is a chance it will be Wednesday, apparently the usually sell it the day after it arrives!

Fingers crossed ey!

hey guys, i just went into EB Games in Pitt Street, Sydney, their stock arrived today and its on sale on Thursday, i know the manager so it is pretty much 100%

He did say there is a chance it will be Wednesday, apparently the usually sell it the day after it arrives!

Fingers crossed ey!

Well that's a first, it's never been here this early before.

Yeah it's true, i called eb's about a moth ago and they said it would be on sale from the 14th onwards. But i called last week just to make sure, and i spoke to the manager (who i know through a friend) and he said that the stock was arriving Tuesday (today) and if i wanted it today i could go pick it up. Unfortunatly i can't make it down today, but i will be going tomorrow. It's also discounted at my eb's and will be selling for $74.95, apparently it normally retails for $90 but they're gonna do a special sale price.

So yeah, they have them now, but they wont be on the shelves until Thursday the 13th.

Just rung my local Game store and they said they will be able to sell it thursday. Whether its true or not is another thing....i dont care i got it via steam it cost me $88 by the time u pay for fuel etc going there it equals out the same.

Just rung my local Game store and they said they will be able to sell it thursday. Whether its true or not is another thing....i dont care i got it via steam it cost me $88 by the time u pay for fuel etc going there it equals out the same.

HAHA, i don't pay for fuel, i'm all about public transport and i've got my trusty monthly consession so i'm all good :)

Also, if your taking fuel into consideration, then you should also think about how much of a hit your bandwidth is gonna take when your downloading the game that is sure to be atleast a couple of Gb's in size. Oh and let's not forget the electricity, lol.

ahahah classic! I dont have to pay for my download , i can do it all privately and safely in my own home where there is a chance something could happen when your catching public transport (I obviously hope not ) , Possible derail....junkys trying to grab game off you.....falling inbetween the "gap" ohhh and if its bus's we are talking about you could be waiting a long long time :D

I drive a 5.7 litre so fuel costs ALOT!

Yep, I agree with that. It's released on the 14th in England, we definitely won't have it here then. Some may have it the following week but most will probably have it the week after. So I reckon about the 24th and after is when most games shops should have it.

Like I said though, a few people and retailers will have it in the following week, so people looking to buy from a shop, I'd be ringing around on Wednesday 19th - Friday 21st and you may get lucky.

not sure what you stores you guys frequent but only experienced a delay with 06.

eb games store in melbourne has confirmed that it will be available on friday....that may not be the case in oompa loompa land, where you guys seem to reside in :D

I like how everybody is loving that they will get it a day early...

Without realising that every single person on the planet has to wait until 09:00 GMT on the 14th until they can unlock the game.

Even the french/belgian guys who got it at the weekend have to wait.

Which is why Steam will be getting my money.

I can get it preloaded Thursday night/Friday morning and then just have my alarm set for 9am.

Lovely jubely.

lol , ive been promised this many time before only to be let down , i will not beleive it until i hear from one of you guys with a screenshot that u have it in ur pretty mits :D

I honestly hope you fellas get it on time cause ive been dissapointd many times before....

I like how everybody is loving that they will get it a day early...

Without realising that every single person on the planet has to wait until 09:00 GMT on the 14th until they can unlock the game.

Even the french/belgian guys who got it at the weekend have to wait.

Which is why Steam will be getting my money.

I can get it preloaded Thursday night/Friday morning and then just have my alarm set for 9am.

Lovely jubely.

It will unlock thursday about 2-3pm , ive heard the download speed on steam is very impressive therefore its hassle free , no need to go out....ring around and do all that rubbish ive been done before just to be let down.

Hey guys, I'm new here, i just signed up :)

I called my local EB down here in Melbourne and they said they got it in last week :S

I made sure they were talking about FM09 and they said yes, they sold like crazy apparently. Anyway he said they're getting more in on Wednesday, which is tomorrow! If I pick it up tomorrow, I will have to wait until the 14th to activate is that correct? Thanks guys

not sure what you stores you guys frequent but only experienced a delay with 06.

eb games store in melbourne has confirmed that it will be available on friday....that may not be the case in oompa loompa land, where you guys seem to reside in :D

That's crap, we have never had it here on the UK release day, you're probably confused with the Aussie release date, which was always 1 week after the UK.

This year looks like being the first time ever for it to be here on UK release day.

As i said australian retailers wont have it here to 2-3 weeks after british release...that is in my experiance anyway. Dont hold your breathe mate.....

Yeah, you are right, we don't normally get the game until weeks after it has been released, that is my experince as well.

Cheers

Yeah, you are right, we don't normally get the game until weeks after it has been released, that is my experince as well.

Cheers

Well seeing as I have it right now I think your assumption is a little off. Got delievered today, sent yesterday from a store in Brisbane!

Well seeing as I have it right now I think your assumption is a little off. Got delievered today, sent yesterday from a store in Brisbane!

It's hardly an assumption though, it is a fact, we have never had it here this early before.

I guess it's a pity that we finally get it here for the release date that is the same as the UK but it's also the first time we have to wait for the authentication to start.:D

It looks like this year may be different.......

screenshot brumbie?

Can't do a screenshot, you can't play it till the 14th and you can activate the code. Let me tell you it's frustrating! When you type in the code it just tells you it's incorrect. After reading around here it seems it needs to be activated first.

can u use the editor?? if so how much money does sydney fc start with?

I could open the editor but there is nothing there, probably cause the game couldn't finish the install due to not accepting the key, I've got a screenshot of the editor, just in case there are any doubters but I can't work out how to attach it!

Seems I have been proven wrong, I have it on very good authority that the game is here in Oz just not being placed out for sale yet. That is a first eh?

So the morning of the 14th you know where I will be?

Buying said game, however just so you know every year prior to this I have always found the game is always a week or two behind the UK and that is fact dude.

Seems I have been proven wrong, I have it on very good authority that the game is here in Oz just not being placed out for sale yet. That is a first eh?

So the morning of the 14th you know where I will be?

Buying said game, however just so you know every year prior to this I have always found the game is always a week or two behind the UK and that is fact dude.

My brother who is an assistant store manager at eb games wetherill park has it in now. But they cant legally sell it till tomorrow. Something about a street date. He sent me a mms of the 6 his store recieved sitting in the back room. The bugger!

Anyone know how much JB Hi Fi are selling it for?

I've found they are the cheapest for PC games at the moment.

Don't know but i need an excuse to offload $80 i have in JB Hifi vouchers. Hmmm......Is the new Shannon Noll 'Best Of' out yet? I may get 4 if FM isn't there Thursday....

Seriously, I'll call 'em and see.

Archived