How to use 3D mode.

nch

What are the PC requirements then to be able to use the 3D graphics?

PC System Requirements

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

A bit of help needed here guys. I am 58 and not so used to graphic cards etc. I have installed the full 1GB demo and it all seems to work ok apart from no 3D display on match. I can see the 3D buttons but they are greyed out and I cannot get them to work. I have only played the one game so far on the demo just to find out if I could get 3D. I played it full screen but wondered after reading a previous post wondered if it might be better on windowed mode.

My PC is and AMD Athlone XP2400+, I have 1GB of RAM and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon 7500. The Catalyst Control Centre for the card has a 3D section which I originally set using the Basic setup as opposed to the advanced setup. In Advanced there are various parameters which can be altered. Before I try this though I would like if one of you PC literate chaps could tell me if my graphics card is less than spec for this latest version of FM. thanks in advance for any advice / help offered.

A bit of help needed here guys. I am 58 and not so used to graphic cards etc. I have installed the full 1GB demo and it all seems to work ok apart from no 3D display on match. I can see the 3D buttons but they are greyed out and I cannot get them to work. I have only played the one game so far on the demo just to find out if I could get 3D. I played it full screen but wondered after reading a previous post wondered if it might be better on windowed mode.

My PC is and AMD Athlone XP2400+, I have 1GB of RAM and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon 7500. The Catalyst Control Centre for the card has a 3D section which I originally set using the Basic setup as opposed to the advanced setup. In Advanced there are various parameters which can be altered. Before I try this though I would like if one of you PC literate chaps could tell me if my graphics card is less than spec for this latest version of FM. thanks in advance for any advice / help offered.

Can you run dxdiag and post the results in the forum then we may be able to tell you a little more. You may find it quicker to get a definitive answer in the Technical forum though.

Archived