Anyone scored with a striker yet?

Then you are lucky b00bs.

Tell me your secrets!

I have only used the default tactics so far. I am Man United and did lose 2-1 to Wigan mind but that was my only defeat. The best result was 3-0 against Chelsea. I have 5 strikers now - Berbatov and Manucho as I have said have both scored, Rooney hasn't yet but Tevez is out for 5 months so hasn't played and I only just signed Michael Owen.

So my secret is - use the default tactics. :D

Hulse 2 in 3 starts, Chopra 1 in 3 starts, Tito Villa 1 in 3 sub appearances. Not really had a problem with this.

Huntelaar scored 14 goals in 15 starts for me. However Berbatov, Rooney and Tevez all have only 12 goals between them from a combined 35 starts. My goals have been coming from other areas a lot.

My strikers have scored. What they generally can't do however is score from one-on-one's. Whenever they have to beat the keeper they become clueless. It seems it's not possible to beat a keeper one-on-one with a shot, the only times they have scored they have taken it round him (well somewhat, it looks more like a step sideways, but I assume that is what it tries to emulate).

My strikers have scored. What they generally can't do however is score from one-on-one's. Whenever they have to beat the keeper they become clueless. It seems it's not possible to beat a keeper one-on-one with a shot, the only times they have scored they have taken it round him (well somewhat, it looks more like a step sideways, but I assume that is what it tries to emulate).

Thats it as well. 1 on 1s. No one ever scores from one on ones.

I currently play with one striker, and have had to give him a barrow to the AMC position. It brings him in to the game more, but wont score. Grr

Yeah, Beckford is on fire for my Leeds side in pre-season. When on a PC that actually runs 3D he's stretched for a poke-in, lept majestically for a long-range header, and rounded three players to score from a tight angle. Plus some bog-standard stuff, but these are the ones I've enjoyed watching.

started with a standard 442, hardly any tactical changes and no matter if I played rooney, teves, berbatov or manucho... they all scored. also not have had any problems with one-on-ones and was surprised how many went in after reading the forum for a bit before playing my first few demo games

also not have had any problems with one-on-ones and was surprised how many went in after reading the forum for a bit before playing my first few demo games

I don't get it. My players (no matter who it is) doesn't even TRY and put it past the keeper, they just shoot straight at him no matter the angle. Sure I don't expect all to go in, but at least can't they miss the goal completely at the very least so I see them actually trying to beat the keeper? ;)

do you watch more than just the key highlights?

Then again a striker running on goal and shooting should be a key highlight no matter what, so I would have to deal with all those missed chances as well. Maybe a lot of you just have a really bad run ;)

By the end of the demo with Blackburn I had Santa Cruz and McCarthy in double figures, with McCarthy leading the league scoring charts, plus Matt Derbyshire on 4 and Jason Roberts on 2. Then with AFC Wimbledon I've only played a couple of games but Jon Main has 4.

Archived