3d stadium crowd?

I commented on this - why are they playing a football match amongst acres of field around them - looks absolutely stupid. I can live with the players and pitch (Just) but to not have even something that resembles a stadium is a joke. Unbelievable hype on this new aspect of the game which falls way short of the quality I expect from SI.

I commented on this - why are they playing a football match amongst acres of field around them - looks absolutely stupid. I can live with the players and pitch (Just) but to not have even something that resembles a stadium is a joke. Unbelievable hype on this new aspect of the game which falls way short of the quality I expect from SI.

In all the videos we have seen there has been some sort of stadium surrounding the pitch. Hopefully they will be in the final release and they were taken out of the demo for whatever reason

im running the strawberry demo, but still just getting fields and no outline of a stadium. i think i read in a different thread that this happens when you play the vanilla demo first then install the strawberry demo. any idea if thats correct?

im running the strawberry demo, but still just getting fields and no outline of a stadium. i think i read in a different thread that this happens when you play the vanilla demo first then install the strawberry demo. any idea if thats correct?

That would explain it then. I installed vanilla first then installed strawberry over the top

yeh i did the same.

in which case, i think we have to go the display settings within fm, then reload the skin cache? apparently then it refreshes and we should get the stadiums etc.

at work at the mo, but will test it when i get back!

will this be available in the full version? atm its looks a bit dull with the crowd grayed out! feels ghostly!

3D will from the first day until infinity always be work in progress. The current state does not have crowds, but I expect one of the very next ones to have it :)

yeh i did the same.

in which case, i think we have to go the display settings within fm, then reload the skin cache? apparently then it refreshes and we should get the stadiums etc.

at work at the mo, but will test it when i get back!

I've just reloaded the skin and I can confirm that there are now stadiums. Looks a fair bit better now! :)

It shouldnt be to hard to create a new texture to replace to the plain grey that shows up where people should be. Just something to add a bit of color to it.

Would depend on wether there is an actual texture mapped to that part of the stadium or if the grey is a texturless segment.

M

It shouldnt be to hard to create a new texture to replace to the plain grey that shows up where people should be. Just something to add a bit of color to it.

Would depend on wether there is an actual texture mapped to that part of the stadium or if the grey is a texturless segment.

M

But then we'd be criticised even more for being "outdated." Remember all the old PS games that had 2d cut-out crowds? They looked awful.

Who needs crowd? Thats not the point of the game ffs.

If you wanna see crowd go play fifa manager. ****in moaners.

if u want a naff game, go play fifa manager.

just to have a basic effect of the crowd would look cool in FM, but its not a huge issue, would just add to the realism thats all.

It'd have to be related to the attendance figure relative to the stadium size though, otherwise it would look equally unrealistic. Queen's Park playing at Hampden with a crowd that looks like they're playing infront of 50,000 when really there are only 150 people there!

if u want a naff game, go play fifa manager.

just to have a basic effect of the crowd would look cool in FM, but its not a huge issue, would just add to the realism thats all.

i secondthat notion! Fm is the best football management game ever! why do others bother making management games? remember the one that you could actually manage the price of burgers? whats that got to do with football?

no that doesn't matter! i download the strawberry version straight up first and still got the same thing! oh well i gues its not about looks rather gameplay

no that doesn't matter! i download the strawberry version straight up first and still got the same thing! oh well i gues its not about looks rather gameplay

i think if you try the display options within FM, reload the skin cache or something, the stadium etc then appears, one guy took that advice earlier and it worked for him, i'll give it a go after work.

i think if you try the display options within FM, reload the skin cache or something, the stadium etc then appears, one guy took that advice earlier and it worked for him, i'll give it a go after work.

i'm not talking about stadium visibility but crowd visibility rather than the grey are you see in place for the crowd

!

Creating crowds at this stage of the game would be a huge drain on computer resources for a purely cosmetic affect. They will not feature in FM09 but may do in future versions.

Give up your joking. Fifa and PES have so much more animations going on and they manage a crowd. Even Just abstract coloured in stadia will look better than grey. The stadiums also look very amature last gasp thing. Think I will turn them off till something better is out for them. 3D looks good otherwise though :)

Sure it'd be "nice" to see the stadium and the full crowd all looking very realistic, but for the amount of resources it would need to render all that it hardly seems like a worthwhile addition.

No one is looking for a significant amount of detail in the making of the crowds here. A simple set of colourful pixels should do, with the amount of pixels graphically indicating the attendance levels - you know, something that was available on the NES in the 1980's. If the NES could handle it back then, how much resources would it really take up?

No one is looking for a significant amount of detail in the making of the crowds here. A simple set of colourful pixels should do, with the amount of pixels graphically indicating the attendance levels - you know, something that was available on the NES in the 1980's. If the NES could handle it back then, how much resources would it really take up?

You are missing the point of the 3D. It's not supposed to look realistic or have every single detail around the pitch, it's only supposed to behave realistically, you know, an extra tool to help you manage your team. SI probably just made some very basic stadiums so that it didn't look as though matches were being played on a field in your local neighborhood

You are missing the point of the 3D. It's not supposed to look realistic or have every single detail around the pitch, it's only supposed to behave realistically, you know, an extra tool to help you manage your team. SI probably just made some very basic stadiums so that it didn't look as though matches were being played on a field in your local neighborhood

I'm not missing the point at all. I'm wondering if you are.

It's clear that the long-term goal of SI is to make the game as realistic as possible in the simulation of the life of a football manager. Hence the inclusion of crowd sounds, for example. Why would SI include crowd sounds if it wasn't to make the game immersive? What use does crowd sound have in managing the team? So why the move to 3D if it isn't to make it as realistic as possible? 2D is more than enough if SI was only interested in helping manage the team.

And again, I pointed out that I wasn't looking for a detailed and realistic portrayal of crowds - a bunch of colourful pixels would suffice.

Once a guy like me actually learns how to add the stadiums, i will convert over the ones i have (nearly all of them), and upload them with a crowd texture, realistic to the team playing ie, for Fratton Park, most of the fans will wear blue, at Old Trafford, red and so on

IMO the 3D is not about the stadium or the crowds, it is about seeing how my tactics translate on the pitch! Funny then, as this is what the 3D was developed for, not so that there could be people in the stands waving at their mum!

im sure there will be crowd patch that will come out! it will addso much colour to the game...

IMO the 3D is not about the stadium or the crowds, it is about seeing how my tactics translate on the pitch! Funny then, as this is what the 3D was developed for, not so that there could be people in the stands waving at their mum!

Nobody is saying that it wasnt. It just seems that instead of putting in a generic multicolored square texture in, they decided on that big grey ugly crowd...

Archived