Confidence Screen

I'm playing with Celtic for the demo, so obviously I'm expected to win everything and haven't gotten knocked out of any cups. One problem I remember with FM08 though, was that in a cup you might be expected to make the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup with Greenock Morton, for example, but then get Celtic or Rangers in the fourth round. In real life your directors would realise your bad luck and be fine with getting knocked out, but this wasn't modeled in the game. Can anyone shed any light on if it is modeled in FM09?

It's probably a bit tricky to see if that's the case in the demo. For England at least the earliest chance a Premiership team could face one of the top 4 is the 3rd round of the league cup. And there it's down to luck. And we can't get as far as the 3rd round of the FA cup in the demo. I'm not sure about the lower leagues but I would imagine that the club competition expectation would be lower anyway.

I agree though, I hope that it the confidence rating does take into account the drawing of a bigger club in an early round.

Archived