30 team game

Just had an idea for something to pass the time over for the next 11 days.

As it says you are only allowed to manage a team for 1 season! the only exception is national teams. This meaning no matter how well you do you have to quit and start again with a new team once the new season starts, it may mean that you only manage a team for a few months as you have had to wait for a job to become available but you have to give everything into each team and not try and ruin them in fact it is the complete opposite. I want to see how successful you can become!

What does everybody think?

simple rules,

Start with any team you can only manage them for that season only and then must quit after taking them as far as you can

Then get a job at a new club and start again and then quit! and so on

Thats the simple rules, you can use sugar daddy etc as it wont make a difference as you wont be at the club for more than 1 season BUT i will say NO buying from your old clubs allowed just to make it a little bit harder!

Just completed first season with Man Utd. Won all 4 cups and the league! Won the league after 31 games, before end of March, remaining unbeaten in the Premiership, conceding only 10 goals. Only lost two games all season, second leg of League Cup semi-final away to Liverpool 2-1, and second leg of Champions Cup quarter-final 1-0 away to Werder Bremen. Made only one signing, Leonard Ponzio in July for £2.5m. Sold Saha, Bardsley, Campbell and Simpson for £13m, and loaned out Jonny Evans for the season. After winning the Champions Cup I resigned that evening and applied for the vacant Reading job, which I accepted the very next morning. This was the first and probably only ever time I'll play as United but needed trophies to my name to have better chance of getting jobs for the rest of the challenge. Obviously I'm using no updates, so I should be winning The Championship next season with Reading as they were just relegated from the Premiership.

----------- Pl W D L Sco Con +/- Pts

1. Man Utd 38 32 6 0 74 10 64 102

2. Chelsea 38 21 11 6 65 26 39 74

Stats:

Played: 65

Won: 55 - 84.6%

Drawn: 8 - 12.3%

Lost: 2 - 3.1%

Scored:137 - 2.11

Conceded: 26 - 0.40

Bought: 1 - £2.5m

Sold: 4 - £13m

Points - 1223

Trophies:

Leagues: 1

Premier - 07/08

Cups: 4

Community - 07/08

League - 07/08

FA - 07/08

Champions - 07/08

Cool, another great player is Okaka Chuka.

Started on the original FMH with Man Utd and was given £17.5M to spend. My squad had 35 players and due to the limit of 36 players and no reserve squad, I released young 17yr old Michael Lea who never really looked like he would get into the team. With the available funds, I signed 15 yr old Colombian Center Attacking Midfielder, Sherman Andrés Cárdenas for a fee of £1M as well as 16 yr old Chilean Attacking Mid/ Striker Alexis Sanchez for a fee of £300K.

Now after finishing my deals in the transfer market, I started preparing for my first friendly against Leeds and I planned to use this Starting XI:

---------------Van Der Sar---------------

--------Heinze------Ferdinand-----Vidic----

-Giggs---Smith--Scholes--Cárdenas---Ronaldo-

---------Van Nistelrooy------Rooney-------

Subs:

Howard

Silvestre

Fletcher

Rossi

Saha

Friendly Results:

Manchester United 4-0 Leeds (Van Nistelrooy x 2, Vidic, Scholes)

Sendings Off: Eddie Lewis

Just thought I'd give you a quick update of the transfers and first match will update at end of season next time :thup:

youve still got to do your best with the team, the aim of this challenge was to broaden peoples horizons when it comes to players going for players theyve never heard of or ones they never would instead of buying the same players over and over again!

ok i just finished my first season last night with manchester united and i did so bad id rather not go into detail so il just post the final results of the cups and league lol

Premier League: 4th :(

FA Cup: 5th Round :(

League Cup: Semi Final :|

Champions League: Runners Up :(

and have now just taken charge of newly promoted nottingham forest :)

After leaving Man Utd and taking the Reading job I quickly made 9 Bosman signings before the end of the first season. In pre-season I signed A.Valencia the right midfielder for £1.5m. (Took him about six months to settle and start producing the quality expected of his stats). Easily won The Championship, by end of March again, so did as well as expected. Got knocked out of League cup in third round 3-0 away to Portsmouth, and shockingly lost in FA Cup quarter-final 2-0 away to Leicester! After last game of season quit as Reading boss with no other jobs available. Reading then appointed Dave Jones, which allowed me to get the Cardiff job.

First day into the job my game froze and crashed! Was enjoying the challenge so very annoyed, again. Hope the new game has been tested properly, which they clearly forgot about for FMH08.

Stats:

Played: 118

Won: 118 - 81.4%

Drawn: 16 - 13.6%

Lost: 6 - 5.1%

Scored: 272 - 2.31

Conceded: 56 - 0.47

Bought: 11 - £4m

Sold: 12 - £21m

Points - 1598

Trophies:

Leagues: 2