FM-Registration Germany

Hi Miles & Co.,

as we all know the fm won't be on sale in germany. The last years I ordered it at amazon.uk and enjoyed playing, but this time i am a bit concerned if it will run in germany - it's because of the registration-process. When I tried to download the demo via steam, i have been told that it is not available for my region. Therefore, I think I will not be able to register my game at steam.

The second way for registration will bei a local-phone-number in the countries where the game is sold - so once again no chance for a german customer. So what can I do? Does it make sense to pre-order the game or will i fail to register it and cant play it. Please help me with some information. Thank you very much in adavance.

To me it sounds like we would be able to register online. Also the phone registration info sounded like there will be local numbers in countries where the game is released, which did not at all sound like we would not be able to call them, just like it would cost a bit.

I really don't worry.

Oh, and your name is a typo, it's Hamburg 1887 ;)

It should be possible to register. Even when the system checks the IP address. Someone who bought the game in the UK and moved to Germany has a ligit copy and should register it online, wherever he is logging into the registration system.

Hi Miles & Co.,

as we all know the fm won't be on sale in germany. The last years I ordered it at amazon.uk and enjoyed playing, but this time i am a bit concerned if it will run in germany - it's because of the registration-process. When I tried to download the demo via steam, i have been told that it is not available for my region. Therefore, I think I will not be able to register my game at steam.

The second way for registration will bei a local-phone-number in the countries where the game is sold - so once again no chance for a german customer. So what can I do? Does it make sense to pre-order the game or will i fail to register it and cant play it. Please help me with some information. Thank you very much in adavance.

that's bad luck, alright! could you not register it through the phone number for luxemburg or switzerland?

I'm reliably informed that while FM won't be available in Germany or to German residents to purchase via Steam, being located in Germany will not stop you authing a version of the game purchased elsewhere in the world.

Just like the last versions of the game, due to the game unfortunately not being available for normal purchase in German game stores, a small trip across the borders or via an online store means that we can still attain a copy.

Just means you cant use Steam to get the game, still by getting it via other methods you should have no problems playing the game.

There is a big German fan base of the game and its a shame that licensing issues are holding us back from a "normal" purchase but we just have to live with it and hope in the future things may change.

Try downloading via Torrent? Don't you have Utorrent program?

There is also available as normal download but you need to have some pateince with that way.

Cheers.

The full game isn't legally available as a torrent is it? Are you talking about the demo?

The full game isn't legally available as a torrent is it? Are you talking about the demo?

I guess that's the mix-up he made.

Unfortunately our situation won't change as the German League is just about to renew the contract with EA :(

Try downloading via Torrent? Don't you have Utorrent program?

There is also available as normal download but you need to have some pateince with that way.

Cheers.

I can see SI being pleased with that suggestion. I am surprised you even mentioned it.

Well, I am not sure. Because there is a license-problem here in germany. A company with two big letters (not SI ;-)) is afraid of competitors. I hope the good guys wont let us down.

Don't forget that the governing body of the Bundesliga has had their fingers in this just as much - after all, it's the DFL who sets up exclusive deals such as this one.

Still, good to see it officially confirmed that you'll be able to activate the game I guess - that there isn't any kind of IP check going on, essentially restricting you from playing the game.

Don't forget that the governing body of the Bundesliga has had their fingers in this just as much - after all, it's the DFL who sets up exclusive deals such as this one.

Still, good to see it officially confirmed that you'll be able to activate the game I guess - that there isn't any kind of IP check going on, essentially restricting you from playing the game.

Come oooon, IP checking and so on.. The game will not be sold in Germany, and if you have bought it from UK or so what´s the big deal?!? It can´t be sold, but nowhere in the wrold there is a rule or a thing, which can stop you playing the game, if you have bought it somehow!

Come oooon, IP checking and so on.. The game will not be sold in Germany, and if you have bought it from UK or so what´s the big deal?!? It can´t be sold, but nowhere in the wrold there is a rule or a thing, which can stop you playing the game, if you have bought it somehow!

Actually there are several games that won't work if you buy them from other countries, especially ones where authentication is required.

It's a legitimate concern, but thankfully looks like it won't be too big an issue for FM fans.

Archived