FM09 1.0 Tactic - Arsenal 4-4-1-1 Attacking (scored 24 goals in 10 games... no loss)

Here's a modern tactic that resembles Arsenal a lot. Some features of this tactic are:

*Allows wingers to cut in or make crosses. (Walcott on the left wing is unbelievable)

*Allows full backs to use their pace to make assists and crosses.

*An attractive, yet EFFECTIVE short passing game that needs someone like Adebayor (a better player would be Aguero) to finish of all the moves.

*A defensive midfielder that can cover up for the other attacking players.

Some screenshots:

dc12ne9.th.pngthpix.gif

As you can see, RVP is on the RIGHT AMC side, so he can cut in and score with his LEFT foot. A right footed player could be put in the left hand side. I have tried this with Matias Fernandez and he assisted 3 against Villareal, his old club.

dc14370.png

Of course you can adjust this but this is what 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 tactics mostly use and this is no exception yet there is 1 addition here; there is a PLAYMAKER. I use Fabregas (who hasn't played yet at all), Veloso or Nasri on the right CM role.

dc18931.png.xs.jpg

For proof.

Download tactic: http://www.sendspace.com/file/q8ugl8

Please don't insult me if it doesn't work for you. You need to make changes. If you're 2-0 up against a superb attacking team such as Man Utd and lose 3-2, make the tactic more defensive and the passing more direct/long so your team do not get caught out. (works superb for Adebayor)

i dont know lad, playing as liverpool i never need anybody back except carragher and agger, the whole match just gets played in the opposition half and eventually i get the break through, free roles for my AMC and MR, more or less just followed rashidi's advice on setting up mentality.

Trying it at the momment with spurs 2-2 vs villa beat newcastle 2-1 but seem to conced late goals 0-0 stoke bore draw draw with sunderland 3-3

-----------Cesar---------------

Hutton---Corluka--woody-----Ekkoto

Bentley--diarra--cana-----modric

--------arshavin---------------

-----------Campbell---------

only using this line up due to injuries

*Allows wingers to cut in or make crosses. (Walcott on the left wing is unbelievable)

Oh tell me about it. Played against Stoke and had to put him on the left when Nasri got injured. Goodness me he ran through everyone (well at least anyone standing on that side of the pitch :D) to score a stunning solo goal after getting past the keeper as well. Constant threat on the left. :)

Will give your tactic a try as I'm having no real luck atm getting one of my own to work really. Keep scoring from set pieces and long range shots, doesn't hold up against a little better teams and away from home.

BTW, don't your players get tired with all those forward runs?

im doing quite well with 2 basic forms of a 4-4-2 theres the dominating one i use as villa when i play a weaker team or when carew is injured or suspended. Or i play the direct passing quick tempo to carews head to flick it on. I need a formation or tactic to play the bigteams as so far as villa ive played 15 and won 12 in all comps the three i lost where to United, chelsea and arsenal albeit away but a formation like a 4-5-1 in real life may work?

Well I was off to a good start last night. Only played one game though away at Panathinaikos(spelling?) and won 3-0. Though I'm finding it hard to close the game up. I didn't conceed this time, but I tried to play it more safe and tring to hold onto the ball in the late stages of the game but kept loosing possession and they got their fair chances. But still, it's looking good so far. :) Certainly have something to build from now.

Tried it with City, went well through friendlies and euro cup games... won them all. BUT lost away to Middlesborough 2-0 away first game of season then lost to Sunderland away 4-1 second game... in the sunderland game i was 4-0 down at half time...

I haven't tried your tactic but from looking at the team instructions screen I think you could run in to a problem with such short passing and such width unless you give individual instructions for passing. The low tempo of your game somewhat reduces the problem but if you have to increase your tempo you will see a lot of mistakes from your players since they have no easy short passing option with such width.

• 8 months later...

Archived