unable to take control of a desired team midway through an ongoing season

Guest firrdust

Guest firrdust

I have a problem. I only recently started playing FM2008, started the game with 10 leagues running, selected Liverpool as my team to control. In January 2008, I decided I also wanted to create a new user and take control of a Lower Level League team however to my bemusement unlike other versions of FM, when I create a new profile, there is no option for me to select the team I would like to manage! Is this intentionally done in FM2008 (because I know how this is an issue in the past where the ability to add managers midway a game can lead to cheating etc etc)...but I would just like to confirm that this is not a bug...because what's even more interesting is that after I discovered this problem, I went back to my earlier saved game, where I was managing Liverpool and it was still in August 2007 (just started the game) ...I added a new manager and the new manager is able to take control of any team it desires...so why am I not able to do this in January 2008?

am i missing something here?

please help...

oh btw i am patched 8.0.2

Guest firrdust

I have a problem. I only recently started playing FM2008, started the game with 10 leagues running, selected Liverpool as my team to control. In January 2008, I decided I also wanted to create a new user and take control of a Lower Level League team however to my bemusement unlike other versions of FM, when I create a new profile, there is no option for me to select the team I would like to manage! Is this intentionally done in FM2008 (because I know how this is an issue in the past where the ability to add managers midway a game can lead to cheating etc etc)...but I would just like to confirm that this is not a bug...because what's even more interesting is that after I discovered this problem, I went back to my earlier saved game, where I was managing Liverpool and it was still in August 2007 (just started the game) ...I added a new manager and the new manager is able to take control of any team it desires...so why am I not able to do this in January 2008?

am i missing something here?

please help...

oh btw i am patched 8.0.2

Guest firrdust

yes i am sure i did not tick the start unemployed box...dont get me wrong, i am able to create the new user...however, i cannot pick my own team with the new user...it will only allow me to start with a randomized selection of team...the problem is the menu/icon for me to select the team i would like to manage is not even there as it should be!! i am using the default skin so dont think its a faulty skin issue....and dont think its about the club being taken over...can't be all the clubs being taken over all at the same time, right? besides, the more problematic thing is that the option to select theclub itself (which should be present after we key in all our personel details) are not even there...

anyone suffer this same issue?

Guest firrdust

pls somebody help me! i wud hate it if i have to re-start a new game as my liverpool team is doing so well, topping the leaague after 22 games with 20 games won, 2 drawn, no losses!!

i have used many different skins all with same results...the option to select the team is simply not there when creating a new manager midway through my first season (Jan 2008)...

Guest firrdust

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamiehex:

Did you load that league? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes. the thing is the menu button for selecting a team was not there...i can understand if the menu is there, but due to me not selecting the league of the team I wanted to take control, the team does not appear...but this is not the case...

Archived