Trial Days

I started a game as Wrexham in the Conference and the week after my last friendly I got the message about the Trial Day.

You get a message from the assisstant Manager recommending scouting 6 players in the upcoming games, and I was given the option to attend the games.

There are 4 teams of about 22 trialists from England who are unattached players. The oldest player I noticed was 23. The 6 players recommended were scattered throughout the teams.

I watched the first match. Post match I checked out the Home and Away Stats pages. I started clicking on the players who performed well to check out their attributes. The first two players everything was fine. I clicked on a third player and my computer crashed.

I started as Wimbledon and all the players at the trial games were either too poor to bother or didn't want to know. I did find it strange that they would ignore my interest despite the fact nobody else was offering some of them a lifeline for their careers.

It's a great idea to have trial days in the leagues. But may clubs hold their own internal trail days where any player can apply and he will be involved in a game on that trial day. This should be implemented the same way as is for the league trial day. You should be able to hold the trail days for your club at your own discretions. This is especially usable for the finding young potential players as is done in may leagues around the world (Brazil, Netherlands, etc.) where kids at the ages of 14-16 attend trail days and if successful they are admitted in the youth program.

Archived