Why don't you sell the game improvements as an online package?

How long did the team take to develop this game? It just doesn't warrant a new purchase in my book. Why don't you say, owners of FM2008 can download a package to update their current game with the new features for a reduced cost, as well as the normal purchase for non FM08 owners. This way, I would be happy to pay £10 to get press conferences, assistant manager feedback and 3d matches which is pretty much all that the new version boils down to.

Not only this, FM2008 is sound for glitches and bugs with the latest patch, hardly any major faults except maybe player development and confidence. Why is it that the new, hardly changed FM finds loads of new bugs, when it has hardly fundamentally changed? (Why is Ashravin soooo easy to buy given the famous 20mil or nothing saga in real life?)

I can't see the point buying an entirely new game, FM09 isn't.

What, 3d visuals and press conferences mean Berbatov scores in the 45+3, 45+3, and 83+1 minutes? Hang about. There are no drastic code changes, it's not a new game. If they did change code they didn't need to. Or it doesn't show.

What, 3d visuals and press conferences mean Berbatov scores in the 45+3, 45+3, and 83+1 minutes? Hang about. There are no drastic code changes, it's not a new game. If they did change code they didn't need to. Or it doesn't show.

Of course they need to change code (like the transfer system for example). Yes and believe me, adding something in to a program can have knock on affects elsewhere.

Of course they need to change code (like the transfer system for example). Yes and believe me, adding something in to a program can have knock on affects elsewhere.

The transfer system didn't really need new code, completely revamp the bastard or don't do it at all. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Instead of changing the entire code, why didn't they do some research and combine real life transfer AI with the game. i.e. Zenit demand 20mil or more for Ashravin every time...etc..

They didn't do their pros and cons. Name me a noticeable transfer difference.

Not really the transfer system had big problems and needed a change to it, which is why SI have rewritten the code for that...

As for Ashravin maybe the club dont want to sell him and slaped a big price tag on him... in game the situation changes...

The transfer system didn't really need new code, completely revamp the bastard or don't do it at all. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Instead of changing the entire code, why didn't they do some research and combine real life transfer AI with the game. i.e. Zenit demand 20mil or more for Ashravin every time...etc..

Prices are more realistic and the AI actually negotiate now. And I signed Arshavin for around £11.25m on the demo.

And what do you mean here:

The transfer system didn't really need new code, completely revamp the bastard or don't do it at all. If it aint broke, don't fix it
First of all I think most people would agree it was broke and by removing the code and starting from scratch, that is revamping it. So I don't get what you mean there.

Sorry mate but I think you need to play the demo a little further. There's more than just a 3D match engine (which is brilliant by the way), press conferences and assistant feedback. Football Manager 2009 is probably the most improved version of all the FMs so far! Sure it has it's bugs, but what games/programs don't? Of course another good thing about it being FM is that the bugs will be fixed unlike a lot of other games.

So what do they do with regens then? And to be honest Zenit aren't even being realistic when they wanted £20million for Arshole. He's a decent player but only for £10-£12million.

Archived