Pleased with the transfer market

Played the demo just a bit and I'm pleased that SI listened to recommendations on the transfer market.

Much better now with myself bidding £3m for James Harper having to go to £4m to get to the negotiation table witth Reading wanting about £7m and after about a week of constant haggling agreeing on £5.5m.

Pleased to see this vast improvement from FM08. Makes bidding for players much more enjoyable.

Any other thoughts on the subject?

My initial impresions of the transfer market are that it's very much improved. I've not managed to sell anyone yet, though I'm not sure there would be too many queing up for Itandje and Pennant at the prices I offered them out at anyway, but, I did manage to sign Gudjohnsen, valued at £2.2m, for, £2.2m! In 08, I would have most likely had to cough up £7m plus.

I need more time as this may just be a one off, but so far so good.

It's improved but not quite as much as I was hoping for I suppose, maybe with some tweaking. Seeing more reasonable moves but also seeing some odd ones and clubs offering players as incentives are not working very well at all. Maybe bad luck on my part but 3 times I have been offered a player in a part deal and all 3 times the AI could not reach an agreement with that player and but would keep up with the same offer.

Overall though it does seem to be an improvement over last years transfer system.

realistic? it's all semplified and made way easier...

first week i'm playing the demo in the italian league...juventus sold trezeguet to chelsea and del piero to arsenal and i(udinese!!) bought rossi from villareal for a ridicolous amount...

if you call that realistic...

Hell!! People offered me decent money for Pennant, Benayoun, Hyypia and even Itandje.... that I do like.

If thats true then I think I'll give Liverpool a go when the full games released. On FM 2008 any time I managed Liverpool I always found these players difficult to sell.

Archived