Farrows

why dont the farrows go at an angle anymore. they will only go forward and back now. i like to play a 41311 formation with a Dm having a forward/angled arrow to the second central mid spot but cannot do this formation now as the arrow will only go straight!

bit unfair that if people have a tactic they have used for the last few years on FM that it cant be done now as the arrow wont go anywhere other that straight ahead. the game is all about creating your own tactic to beat the AI and i like to buy my players to suit this tactic as it has always work well for me

ah i'll get used to it, just that i've used the formation fo so long mow i'm used to it and it has worked great for me. means i better get a few games done on the demo to try something new and see if it works

chengarry thats basically it, i normally play a Dm and an AMC but the amc is directly above the left centre mid position with and angled arrow to the CF spot and the DM has an angles arrow to the left CM spot

I havent downloaded the demo so cant really see what going on, but sounds like we could no longer ask our wingers to run into the box rather than go down the bottom line, what a shame.

You can (apparently) but you need to know what you're doing, slider wise. I'm clueless tactically I'm afraid, and if truth be told, absolutely hate the slider system of building tactics.

galactus, thanks, nothin much really to complain about. just would of liked to keep my formation but will have to sit down now and work a new way of doing it out. quite happy as i've the 14th, 17th and 18th booked off work to give me 5 days of playing time when the game is released!

Yeah, the slider bars aren't really offering any real tactical insight. If I want my wingers to cut inside, I can make team narrow focus, but if I just want one winger to cut inside...how can I? What combination of slider positioning do I need to do that? The sliders are not very intuitive.

Yeah, the slider bars aren't really offering any real tactical insight. If I want my wingers to cut inside, I can make team narrow focus, but if I just want one winger to cut inside...how can I? What combination of slider positioning do I need to do that? The sliders are not very intuitive.

Run with ball often and set to cross rarely

You can apply the instructions to the team, or just to a specific player (by clicking on that dot to the left of the player position box on tactics screen).

Arrows now represent 'Forward Runs'

What if the arrow is going back/down, does that mean thats where the player will run if the opposition has the ball? (i havent tried the demo yet)

well it will prob make the game more of a challenge and more fun. the days of super tactics are gone. its a case of using the corect setting's for each match. by doing this you will of done your home work if any, alos with correct man managment and good training, you will have to inspire you team to play above there station by good team talks. thus enabling you to have what may seem a super tactic on FM09.

i thinks it's a more real approach to the game and real life. i think it's excellent for the game and fun factor. no more winning the league with an avergae low morale bunch of lazy gits any more. well done SI at last some realism to tactics..

Archived