Transfer Negotations?

I haven't played the demo yet as my desktop is too old and my gf has nicked my laptop for college work :-(

Can anyone who is playing it let me know if the transfer negotiations are working correctly now? By that I mean in the old versions you bid £5m, they asked for £6m, then you bid £5.5m and then they asked for £7m rather than actually negotiating. Just curious, this used to drive me crazy!

Cheers

lol people say that the code was rewritten but to tell you the truth i tried to buy 3 players.. they were all listed between 1.2-1.8 mil. I offered about the same as they were listed for, you know what response i got from them? 2.9-3.5 mil and 25% from the future sale.. They are insane..

lol people say that the code was rewritten but to tell you the truth i tried to buy 3 players.. they were all listed between 1.2-1.8 mil. I offered about the same as they were listed for, you know what response i got from them? 2.9-3.5 mil and 25% from the future sale.. They are insane..

Were they transfer listed? If they weren't, you're never going to get a player for market value. If they're not transfer listed, the club doesn't want to sell them and thus you'll have to pay much, much more than they're listed at. That's how it is in real life :)

So far I like the transfer system. It's actually a bargaining process. One party goes "5", the other "7", and so on until they meet in the middle, for 5.7 or 6.5 or whatever. Or until one party calls off negotiations, of course.

That's not insane. If you want players that aren't transfer listed then you are going to pay more. That's how it is supposed to work.

To answer the OP, in my experience so far the negotiations are spot on and each side gets closer together on their valuation. The sale of one player went like this:

Offer to teams for £2.1m

Other team offers £125k up front and £1.5m over 24 months

Reject

Other team offers £350k up front and £1.5m over 24 months

Negotiate to £1.85m up front

Other team offers £750 up front and £1.1m over 24 months

Reject as still not enough up front and getting fed up

Other team offers £1.5m up front and £350k over 24 months

Offer accepted

Still getting teams come in for your players for silly amounts.

Wes Brown up for sale, value about 7.25 mil

Got 3 offers for less than 1mil

3 for around 2.5 and a couple at 4 mil.

After 6 weeks of rejecting stupid offers managed to get full asking price of 7m but he amount of horse trading was a bit much tbh.

Still cant buy players for reasonable amounts if they aren't listed. most clubs want triple value which imo is not common in real life.

Still getting teams come in for your players for silly amounts.

Wes Brown up for sale, value about 7.25 mil

Got 3 offers for less than 1mil

3 for around 2.5 and a couple at 4 mil.

After 6 weeks of rejecting stupid offers managed to get full asking price of 7m but he amount of horse trading was a bit much tbh.

Still cant buy players for reasonable amounts if they aren't listed. most clubs want triple value which imo is not common in real life.

If he is up for sale, you won't get his full value, makes sense to me. Maybe less than 1m is a bit extreme but the 2.5 and 4m are ok.

I've been buying players for very reasonable amounts.

Veloso for 11m, Lassana Diarra for 5m and a few other decent prices. If the players aren't up for sale then it is only natural that you will have to pay more than their value.

I was one of the biggest critics of the 08 transfer system but from my experience so far on the demo, it is spot on now. Hopefully my opinion won't change :D

There is no way a player like brown with a very good reputation would ever go for less than 1 mil, so why put it in?

Also even when I was negotiating with other teams who were going up in price was I still getting the same offer repeatedly? Should put in a final negotiating button in, where they meet your evaluation or bog off and let you negotiate with teams who are actually gonna offer you somewhere nr the real valuation.

Also AI teams are letting players go far to cheap when there are many clubs interested in signing them. Got Belletti for 3 mil from Chelski when other clubs went up to 5 mil for him.

Chelsea Also offered me 10 million about 7 times for Rio Ferdinand when hes not for sale and don't want to sell. Plain stupid. Even with press statements warning them off and Rio saying he was happy where he was.

The other crap thing is players not transfer listed getting approached with a swop, no money involved, for half the value of the player. ie your player worth 5 mil so they offer you a 2.5 mil player....

Archived