New Transfer System

no they were changing the code not the look. the code has been re-written.

I`m still not sure what did the re-writing change. The only new thing i noticed was the 0 salary .. That's pretty cool, all my new players will work for me for free..

The interface is exactly the same, but the code underlying it is completely rewritten. It seems massively better from what I've seen - clubs getting interested in and buying more realistic players, much easier to sell players for sensible amounts, easier to buy sensible players and so on.

The interface is exactly the same, but the code underlying it is completely rewritten. It seems massively better from what I've seen - clubs getting interested in and buying more realistic players, much easier to sell players for sensible amounts, easier to buy sensible players and so on.

i`m not that sure it is much easier to sell players... I have listed 4 players for sale once i took over Birmingham and not even one club asked me to sell them anyone of those players. But they keep asking me almost every day to loan one particular player (which has to be a bug). I keep rejecting the offer and the next day i get the same email again asking me to loan him. Same with another player WHO IS NOT LISTED another club wants to buy him from me and i keep rejecting the offers from the same club EVERY DAY.. that's just stupid.. how many times do i have to say NO and issue hands off warnings... ????

i`m not that sure it is much easier to sell players... I have listed 4 players for sale once i took over Birmingham and not even one club asked me to sell them anyone of those players. But they keep asking me almost every day to loan one particular player (which has to be a bug). I keep rejecting the offer and the next day i get the same email again asking me to loan him. Same with another player WHO IS NOT LISTED another club wants to buy him from me and i keep rejecting the offers from the same club EVERY DAY.. that's just stupid.. how many times do i have to say NO and issue hands off warnings... ????

You can set it to reject all loan offers for that player.

no they were changing the code not the look. the code has been re-written.

They've changed the code but by some bizarre twist of fate the results are identical to the previous code. What are the chances of that happening? Their transfer coder should buy a lottery ticket or see if he can find Elvis in a muffin.

I was wondering this myself. Every day I have Chelsea making an offer for Rio Ferdinand and it is always the SAME offer. He is valued at $16.5 mil yet each time the offer is for $10 mil. After I reject it, Scolari compliments Rio, he likes the praise, then Chelsea offer $10 mil. I reject and it starts all over again

The only offers i got were for players i did not want to sell, and they were embarrssingly low, e.g 7 miilion for Young - A bit thick seeing as we paid over 9 million and he has got better since we signed him....

Also Barry 6.5 milllion, it is pathetic really. This first patch has a lot of work to do.

i`m not that sure it is much easier to sell players...

Sorry BRAiNDEAD but I have to agree with bigdunk on this one. Its definitely easier to buy and sell your players in the new game.

It looks to be easier to buy and sell players but there also looks to be some big bugs with the transfer system. They HAVE to fix the issue that causes AI managers to constantly bid with the same amount over and over. It is so annoying. Also I would hope that the low ball bids for star players isn't a sign of things to come. Hopefully if you actually did want to sell a player like Ferdinand you would be able to get good value for him and not 75% of his listed value like they are offering for him now.

I was wondering this myself. Every day I have Chelsea making an offer for Rio Ferdinand and it is always the SAME offer. He is valued at $16.5 mil yet each time the offer is for $10 mil. After I reject it, Scolari compliments Rio, he likes the praise, then Chelsea offer $10 mil. I reject and it starts all over again

revenge for what we've been doing to the AI in the past?

What happened to choosing if you wanted the transfer budget spent or not?

Kindda sucks to be Liverpool with 5 million to spend, hope this is avaialable with the full game as I always spend the first budget on coach and staff fees, and some of them seem to cost more than the players now!

You can also add youth players going out on loan much more easily. I've had offers to loan 3 youth players out in a couple of weeks at Derby. I don't really recall getting any on FM08.

I think this is down to the blue square leagues maybe?

Loaned a couple to them myself

They've changed the code but by some bizarre twist of fate the results are identical to the previous code. What are the chances of that happening? Their transfer coder should buy a lottery ticket or see if he can find Elvis in a muffin.

Comment of the day....absolutely priceless!! and largely I agree. If Chelsea bidding £10m for Ferdinand (and it happened in my game too so it must be pre-programmed) is evidence of a new "totally re-written code" for the transfer system then they should have saved their money!!

they usually want a fee now, when my offers get rejected now the AI has been pretty clear what it would take for them to accept

What???? That's ridiculous, who pays for loans?

That's gonna make it impossible, for like blue square teams as they have no transfer budget.

I have to say i have had no problems with it.Playing as valencia i have managed to offload all the players i didnt want,some of which were over there value.e.g i sold Hildebrand for £4m when he was on the transfer list (valued at £2.1m).I have had bids for Villa and silva of £30m plus but i just put there values up to £100m and they leave me alone.

What???? That's ridiculous, who pays for loans?

That's gonna make it impossible, for like blue square teams as they have no transfer budget.

Most teams as it goes, i was referring to loaning hot prospects from the bigger teams, no idea how it will work in the lower leagues, i remember many notable loans from the last cpl of years where the loaner paid for the privilege.

Sorry BRAiNDEAD but I have to agree with bigdunk on this one. Its definitely easier to buy and sell your players in the new game.

whats funny is i agreed to the loan for one of the players, the next day i get the email that they are not interested anymore and the deal falls through.. ok i say.. the day following AGAIN i get a new email that they are interested in loaning the same player same club.. ok so now i`m let's try it again./ I AGREE AGAIN and again the deal fall through... and the cycle continues the days after... what the hell??? if i agree then they dont want him anymore and come back with offer next day, if i reject they come back with the offer again... lol this is some serious BUG..

Does anyone keep getting the same offer repeatedly ?

me too; i'm demoing the game with cardiff in the championship, and Palace kept on offering 900k for Roger Johnson (valued at 750k). i didnt really want to sell and i kept rejecting... but then the player got unsettled and palace came in for 1.4m, and i negotiated for 1.8m and made the sale.

this gave me the funds to replace him with someone with vastly superior ability.

also, i have found it a lot easier to offload young players on loan.

so all in all, great work SI imo, gets the thumbs up

I hope that the transfer code should be re-written better than the fm08, in way to have no more trouble to sell a medium player (for example i have started a season with Empoli, and i have done an offer for Testini, valued 75k, of 150k; Triestina, the team in which plat Testini, have rejected the offer, because not enough....it's not possible, ia have offered the double...excuse me for my bad english...

Archived