Transferring Demo game to full FM2009

Afternoon.

First of all, a big thumbs up to SI for FM2009. I've only played two games on the demo but it's already a big improvement. There are bugs but it's only a demo. The 3D match screen is surprisingly realistic. Walcott's final touch is awful. Van Persie seems totally disinterested during whole matches and Arsenal's virtual (in both senses of the word) defence has already caused me to have an ulcer. So in summary it's as realistic as it could be.

I've spent a lot of time on my 'strawberry' demo version, setting tactics, buying a defensive midfielder that's not still in nappies (it's a crazy notion Mr Wenger, but it might just work), changing the training schedules etc, safe in the knowledge that when FM2009 arrives I can save the demo game to the full one.

Will it be an easy process? Will transferring the game limit the use of any additional features that will appear in FM2009 proper? Should I not get too attached to my demo game?

To continue your demo save, all you have to do is copy your save file from the "games" folder in your FM09 demo folder & paste it into the "games" folder in your actual FM09 folder.

If you continue your demo save with the full version of the game, you will be stuck with the small database & the same amount of leagues you have running in the demo save (depends on which country you're managing in).

-----------------------------------------------

Also, there was a bug with continuing your demo save last year - weird things would happen to your game as if it was a pirated copy of the game (eg bottom 2 teams in World Cup quals would qualify for the World Cup). I don't know if it'll be a problem with FM09 though.

Archived