Lower Leaguers

Every man and his dog seems to be Liverpool or Man City so far, how are the people trying out LLM getting on with the demo?

It's comedy gold watching the full matches in 3D, people with no passing skills or off the ball skills just hoofing it up the field and the ball bouncing around like ping pong!

I'm 3 months in with Fisher Athletic, and although I haven't quite got my tactics right yet I'm enjoying the match experience.

Er is Leeds in League One lower league enough?

I'm 8 games in and have won 7 and drew 1.

I have a cracking tactic to use with them but still a lot of tweaking to be done!

Got Carlton Cole on loan!

But your right, watching the 3D is fun when they just hoof the ball!

Despite declaring myself likely to manage Roma when FM09 comes out, I've changed my mind and am planning to manage at a lower level in England now. I'm going to be very interested by what people have to say in this thread.

Playing as Chelmsford City in the BSS and believe it is far from being a walk in the park. Finding it really difficult trying to find the right balance with my tactics, a lot better bringing in new blood as well, especially with the help from my Assistant Manager.

Had a couple of wins, but I am far from setting the league alight atm.

In the real game I'm going to manage Luton Town (-30 points, no money) but there's no point in putting in the effort when I'll be starting a new game on the 14th (so I can choose which leagues are running etc). I'm playing Liverpool in the demo to see what the new features are like.

Bless, they tried with the 3D but you need a bit of suspension of disbelief to like it.

I love managing in the lower leagues, I rarely stray straight into a top flight league because it doesn't feel like as much of a challenge.

Its all about joining an obscure (to some) club in the lower reaches, guiding them up the leagues and to unheard of success isn't it. :D

i heard somewhere u can take ur demo game into the full version or hav i been hearing things

True but a lot of people like to start again with their own leagues selected.

I am starting with Liverpool to play with all the buttons but when the full game is released I'll be going Unemployed and trying to get an offer from Liverpool!!

Its all about joining an obscure (to some) club in the lower reaches, guiding them up the leagues and to unheard of success isn't it. :D

So true, I've never picked a big team from the start, ever, the game as I see it is starting from nothing and getting to the big time, picking a big team seems like a cheat!

I normally play as tiny previously unplayable eastern european sides but this is just the demo, its only going to last 6 months so its a bit pointless to try with a small club. I just want to get a feel for the tactics I might need so I'm using Liverpool with some decent players to implement them for me. Once the real game is out I'm thinking Slovenia or Bulgaria or maybe a trip to Asia.

playing as Tranmere and to be honest finding it a bit easier than previous years, mainly because if you ask the assistant to find loan players he is finding the likes of Freddy Sears who we would have had no chance of signing on loan!

As for the game, I like a lot of the new features but the 3d match engine is hoof hoof hoof and have conceded two goals from long balls that my keeper has come out for and then just left

I did however just score when one of the oppositions players was injured in his own box and needed a stretcher but we didnt put it out but launched it long and stayed onside through him to score!

Yeah BS(P/N/S) is very longball orientated, so it seems the new engine is at least reflecting reality a little more.

Working out the tactics i feel will be easier with the poorer quality teams, players at clubs like ManU/Chelsea etc have the ability to still play well even if given iffy instructions, thats definately not the case in the Blue Square leagues.

So true, I've never picked a big team from the start, ever, the game as I see it is starting from nothing and getting to the big time, picking a big team seems like a cheat!

Exactly. You feel an extra sense of pride at your accomplishments, starting from scratch, finding those hidden gems, building up the stature of the club every year and hopefully make your team a force to be reckoned with. I've got a few clubs which I'd like to try it with.

I've not seen any real problems with the injuries but there are a lot of other silly issues. Players standing around when the ball is a yard away from them, or when they have the ball and losing it. Players making stupid passes to the opposition etc.

I'm really struggling to get my team doing anything half decent at all as a LLM. I might give it a try with a super rich club later on.

From the demo though it seems that the tactics have to be tweaked and tinkered with for hours before you're going to get anywhere. 11 players in the right positions in a 4-4-2 doesn't work, again.

I'm playing as Leicester and playing some pretty decent stuff.

Not had many injuries yet but too early in the game for me really.

The forward runs/condition problem is a killer for me.

Also managed to get Michael Chopra on loan. Pretty unrealistic but I shan't be complaining about how easy it is to get players to come to League 1.

I've not really started a game to save, just been starting games when I feel like it. No point in getting attached to a game I won't be playing when the full game comes out :) Wil be a lower league team when it comes out and I can concentrate with dafuges challenge.

Archived