TROUBLE SETUP FM2009 in MAC !!

I've just download fm 2009 gold demo last nite

and try to install on my macbook 2.0 GHz 2007 model / intel GMA 950 graphic display / with 3 GB ram and plenty of free space HDD

I can running the process fluently until it pop up the installing bar

and the process is strucking while installing "uninstall fm2009.app" for long long time

Picture1-1.png

so I quit the setup and try and try several times but won't work

could anyone of you guy solve my serious problem?

I really wanna try it sooo much, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem on my mac.

1. I tried to install the strawberry version and got the above error/problem.

2. Then I installed the Vanilla version instead and it worked perfectly.

3. I have now purchased FM09 but I get stuck on installation like I did on the strawberry version at the same position as the screendump above.

If i open the log file, it shows success all the way and then ... User cancelled installation.

Any ideas what is wrong here?

specs: macbook, 2Ghz Core2Duo, X3100 Gfx, 2 GB Ram

It's due to a older Java version being your preferred version.. (At least.. I had exactly the same problems and this solved it)

try this:

http://blog.libinpan.com/2008/04/29/java-se-6-on-leopard-officially/

Thanx mate, I did suspect this because I only use Java 1.5 on my machine. I will try this...

What made me unsecure about this was the fact that it could install the vanilla version???

It worked like a charm... SI GAMES listen!!!, you could put this in the troubleshooting guide for the mac installation or give a warning during the installation if the java version is not the correct one. I regularly switch between java version 1.4.2, 1.5 and now 1.6 so it woukd be nice to list java version 1.6 as a requirement for installing FM2009

• 10 months later...

Archived