Maicon (Inter Milan) issue

I'm a fan of FM series for a long time now and i've always liked the realistic way players were rated in game. There have always been some players with ratings that i didn't agree with however that is completely normal. But, and that's a big "but", i can't be quiet in concern with Maicon ratings. I am also a big fan of Internazionale and i have watched most of their games last 3 years (like 80%). In 07 edition of FM, Maicon had somewhat poor ratings, that was normal since he was pretty much unheard then. Season later, we have 08 edition and he has what i would call realistic ratings, dani alves was still better than him but okay, not a big issue. Now we come to FM 09, after playing demo i have encountered Maicon who is valued at around 9mil pounds, thats approx 3mil less than last year, his ratings are a bit lower than in last edition and what baffles me even more, Maxwell is better ?!

Now, my question is, how can, probably best right back or at least one of 3 best right backs in the world be rated like that?

Since more than 2 years now maicon is ripping it apart every game and is a focal point of Inter, the guy who took a position from legendary Javier Zanetti who is also captain?

In game Maicon is player used for rotation, in real world he is key player.

Mancini used him non stop, Mourinho uses him non stop, Brazil coach Dunga uses him all the time while benching Dani Alves (who struggles in Barca and is nowhere near influential as in Sevilla), and in this realistic game Maicon is 2 times less player than Dani Alves, how is that realistic? How can Maxwell be better than him? Maxwell is a good player, but not as good as him. In real world Maicon consistently makes difference in games together with ibra, cambiasso and Julio Cesar. In FM, he cant do that, not in DEMO atleast.

Lol, I thought there was some sort of bug, then I read this crap.Alves is the faster player, better crosses, more creative, better technically, more agressive in defense, has a better tackling, and is pretty much 28x the player that Maicon can even dream to become.Maicon is a pretty solid defender, with offensive qualities, defensively decent.He's only playing because Inter don't have a better option, since Zanetti has become to slow to play on the sides.He's playing for Brazil because the idiot Dunga is the coach, and you can see the results, Rafinha is also a LOT better than Maicon.And yeah, I agree that Maxwell is overrated, he's definitely worse than Maicon, and pretty much sub-par.And, lol, I honestly hope for your mental health that you don't really think that he's even close to the top 3 in his position.

what can i say about this, i agree that technically alves is better, however physically and defensively maicon is better, maicon has been brilliant for both brazil and inter, while you cant say same about alves in regards to brazil and barca, and since you are of opinion that he is nowhere near top 3 in world then all i can say without throwing any insults around is that you dont know enough about inter, seria A and how big difference this player makes

Lol, I thought there was some sort of bug, then I read this crap.Alves is the faster player, better crosses, more creative, better technically, more agressive in defense, has a better tackling, and is pretty much 28x the player that Maicon can even dream to become.Maicon is a pretty solid defender, with offensive qualities, defensively decent.He's only playing because Inter don't have a better option, since Zanetti has become to slow to play on the sides.He's playing for Brazil because the idiot Dunga is the coach, and you can see the results, Rafinha is also a LOT better than Maicon.And yeah, I agree that Maxwell is overrated, he's definitely worse than Maicon, and pretty much sub-par.And, lol, I honestly hope for your mental health that you don't really think that he's even close to the top 3 in his position.

well common sense, seems you dont have much common sense, my opinion is based on alot of real games watched and their performances in those games, however your comments seem like you have got experience from FM, not from watching them play in real life, remember, this game is based on real life football, not other way around

True, and apologies for being a bit offish.

all fine and okay, i wanna hear more opinions about this topic

Archived