the real problem about injuries?!

im still testing it but i think i figured it out...

all my midfielders (def,attack and wingers) and strikers getting injured and rarely defenders.why?well their condition after 45 min (even if they have 100% in superb condition) getting down to 80% or even worst, sh*t is ridiculous.

so if i subsititute them and bring fresh players (must have over 90%) nothing happens, but i cant subs 5-6 players in an official game... i think SIgames should fix the conditions of offensive players instead of injures?anyone agrees with me?and like i said im still testing it, just made 3 games.

and btw. i hope my english is not that bad... its not my first language.:(

im still testing it but i think i figured it out...

all my midfielders (def,attack and wingers) and strikers getting injured and rarely defenders.why?well their condition after 45 min (even if they have 100% in superb condition) getting down to 80% or even worst, sh*t is ridiculous.

so if i subsititute them and bring fresh players (must have over 90%) nothing happens, but i cant subs 5-6 players in an official game... i think SIgames should fix the conditions of offensive players instead of injures?anyone agrees with me?and like i said im still testing it, just made 3 games.

and btw. i hope my english is not that bad... its not my first language.:(

This is a definite bug, it's already been established in a few other threads that this is at least partly down to forward runs/forward arrows. Those players with forward arrows/runs condition detoriates way too fast during games. These are usually used with midfielders/wingers, so I'd say that's what the problem is here. Unfortunately, substituting them doesn't really help as if you sub them they don't 'regain' any fitness immediately after the final whistle like the players who played the full 90 minutes do. In all past fms, if you take a player off who's on say 72% condition after 70 minutes, when you give your full time team talk they would have 'regained' condition back to over 80. However, in FM09 the player who you subbed will still only be on 72% condition.

To be honest I've found quite the opposite - my injury crisis is happening in the defence. I've had injuries in other positions, but defence is the only place that I'm finding an abnormal amount of injuries.

To be honest, there are generally too many injuries in all positions. The problem with players condition deteriorating too rapidly during matches when given forward arrows/runs is a somewhat seperate issue which may or may not contribute to injuries to players.

To be honest, there are generally too many injuries in all positions. The problem with players condition deteriorating too rapidly during matches when given forward arrows/runs is a somewhat seperate issue which may or may not contribute to injuries to players.

I agree there are too many injuries in the game. However the condition of the players is probably a bit more realistic. Its not often that all 11 players will go into a game feeling 100% and most managers would love to make 5-6 changes to keep players fresh. If the injury rate could just be reduced. Didnt we have this problem last year?

I agree there are too many injuries in the game. However the condition of the players is probably a bit more realistic. Its not often that all 11 players will go into a game feeling 100% and most managers would love to make 5-6 changes to keep players fresh. If the injury rate could just be reduced. Didnt we have this problem last year?

Surely you have noticed though that the players with forward runs/arrows condition goes down way too quickly during games? This is just as important an issue as the injuries.

Surely you have noticed though that the players with forward runs/arrows condition goes down way too quickly during games? This is just as important an issue as the injuries.

I know they go down too quickly but if you set a players tactics to make him cover every blade of the pitch then his condition should go down..... perhaps not as much as it does. All I was saying is that it needs a bit of work but some people wont be happy unless every player starts at 100% and goes down to no lower than 75%. Lots of players could and should manage this but lets say you put Scholes to run from box to box he wouldnt last 90 mins and would need subed.

I'm trying to look at 09 in it own right, start new tactics, new training and not port everything that worked over from 08.

hi

i just played a freindly as arsenal against boreham wood and i got 2 injuries , but the strange thing is the first was ramsey with a sprained ankle i then subbed him for randall he was on for 2 minutes and got the same injury and are both out for 2 months .

so 2 players playing in the same position get the same injury and the same lengthy time out ???????

sort it out please

hi

i just played a freindly as arsenal against boreham wood and i got 2 injuries , but the strange thing is the first was ramsey with a sprained ankle i then subbed him for randall he was on for 2 minutes and got the same injury and are both out for 2 months .

so 2 players playing in the same position get the same injury and the same lengthy time out ???????

sort it out please

else where on the forums it says a release day patch has been announced so I think you can expect the injuries to be sorted.

Its funny how this same thing always seem to happen. We had this problem with 08. I wonder why its something they dont get right from the start. At least you wont have to wait 2 weeks for the beta patch this year.

From my experience, and i have played the demo yesterday for about 5 hours , made it to 10th game of the season(not including friendlies). The injuries happen very often in the beginning of the season(first 10 games ) then later on i was not getting any injuries. I believe so many injuries happen during the first 5 games because the players are fresh in the new season and they are not conditioned enough for full 90 min. So what i`ve done is change all my guys in the 2nd half and let the other ones rest. Slowly increasing the amount of time they play every new game.

From my experience, and i have played the demo yesterday for about 5 hours , made it to 10th game of the season(not including friendlies). The injuries happen very often in the beginning of the season(first 10 games ) then later on i was not getting any injuries. I believe so many injuries happen during the first 5 games because the players are fresh in the new season and they are not conditioned enough for full 90 min. So what i`ve done is change all my guys in the 2nd half and let the other ones rest. Slowly increasing the amount of time they play every new game.

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Same with in-game conditoins. Once you are a few games in its not such a big deal. It will hopefully be fixed in the patch.

The only thing I was thinking though is that I never bother with a different pre-season training regeme. If you did more fitness would this make it quicker to resolve? Or would you get even more injuries?

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. Same with in-game conditoins. Once you are a few games in its not such a big deal. It will hopefully be fixed in the patch.

The only thing I was thinking though is that I never bother with a different pre-season training regeme. If you did more fitness would this make it quicker to resolve? Or would you get even more injuries?

I am convinced the deteriorating condition of your midfielders/wingers is a bug and definitely needs tweaking. It's not something that can just be brushed off, last years game had the same problem with condition pre-patches...

I don't see a massive bug with the injuries. Just peoples bad management of player fitness in pre-season including AI managers!

Its a little of both in my opinion. I usually go like this:

95-100% great normal risk of injury

90-95% slight increase in injury

less than 90% significant increase in injury

Its probably a bit much right now but as I said before some people arent happy unless there are no players below 95% fitness and never drop below 70% in a game. Probably shouldnt be quite as many long-term injuries but if you play half-fit players they will get injured more.

[tongueplacedincheek]

Up until 08 i've often thought that fitness levels do go down "wrongly" - a pro player shouldn't only be at 60% fitness after a game (i mean, you would have to assume that 0% fitness is death, so they are 40% of the way to death?)

In 08 i rarely finish a game with a player under 75% btw, so only a quarter of the way to death.

[tongueremovedfromcheek]

Archived