FM09 Players changing position during game?

HI

Are any of you getting the situation whereby your players play out of the position that you set them in. For instance I keep seeing that my defenders, midfielders and forwards swap. I end up with a defender(s) in midfiled, a midfieder in attack and an attacker in midfield.

I have to pause the game and reset their position. Is this a bug or is there something I am missing that mysteriously moves my players about?

I have standard 442 formation tweaked. If I do tweak formation during the game I always make sure that the players are in their correct positions but find that when I go back to do more tweaking the players are out of position as I have described'

Anyone else?

k:)

HI

Are any of you getting the situation whereby your players play out of the position that you set them in. For instance I keep seeing that my defenders, midfielders and forwards swap. I end up with a defender(s) in midfiled, a midfieder in attack and an attacker in midfield.

I have to pause the game and reset their position. Is this a bug or is there something I am missing that mysteriously moves my players about?

I have standard 442 formation tweaked. If I do tweak formation during the game I always make sure that the players are in their correct positions but finds that when I go back to do more tweaking the players are out of position as I have described'

Anyone else?

k:)

As far as i know:

1. there is automatic change of position when your player is on sidelines due to injury treatment. This missing player is replaced temporarily by a higher positioned player which is great because there is not a hole in your formation due to injury (It cost me a lot of goals in FM08). This state continues until your injured player is either back or substituted.

2. players are swapped in attacking free kicks, attacking corners and may be other dead ball situations.

I am not using swap player in my tactics, so I can not confirm that, but I can try later.

Thanks for the response.

No I am not using player swap in my tactics either. Could be point 1 in your response but that would not have so many of them being moved out of their original position?

Will keep an eye on what is happening and how often it occurs.

K:)

• 8 months later...

Archived