"Yar I like to moan!"

Yeah, we've all seen it before. A new release/patch/demo/thing/whatever comes out and about 200 threads get posted right away with ops that go: "OH MY GOD WHAT THE **** THEY ARE DISRESPECTING THE FANBASE AND NOT SATISFYING MEEEEEE!"

And I respect that. I really do. I mean, if you're not content with what you're given, you do have the right to point out the flaws...ohwait, you're not pointing out the flaws! You're making an entire new thread (aside from the other 200 threads, to get attention one would assume), where you first critisize every aspect of the game, and declare your resignation from playing the game FOREVER. YAY!

But here now, I mean, you guys totally have the right to be astonishingly critical to a game that haven't been released yet, by just playing a demo. A demo, which is a fragment of a game that haven't been finished yet. Without some of the features. And playability. And finishing touch. Yeah, that's totally fair.

The demo is gold code. It's exactly the same software that will be in the retail box. It is not a beta.

And then there's this 3d-engine. "This doesn't feel like FM". "It looks forced and artificial". "Lampard just hit a 60-meter pass with his heel". I feel the urge to point out that this, gentlemen, is the first shot at a 3d engine for Football Manager, ever. And sure, it doesn't look like the latest edition of Pro-Evolution Soccer, but if you speed things up, it looks quite fluent and good. Also, if you're really that nazi about the whole 3D engine, you have the option to TURN IT OFF. "What did you say?", you say? Yeah, that's right, you can actually change the perspective to the way it's always was. "OH, w00t my golly gee, I never thought of that!" (Well that doesn't suprise me.) In any case, yes you can actually refrain from using the 3d perspective if you don't like it. But hey, since the 3d is actually available, it would -obviously- make more sense doing it this way:

1) Declare your dissappointment of the 3d engine.

2) Declare your dissappointment of the insertion of a 3d engine.

I'm certain that aspects of the 3-D will be improved in a patch

Yeah, ok so...what?? You're dissappointed of the insertion of the engine, AND the engine itself? You DO realize how stupid that is? It's like positively anticipating something, and at the same time being negatively predjuditive against it.

But hey, just like nobody gives a flying rats ass about the 200 threads you guys open, I figure you guys wouldn't be arsed to even read this one. You're all busy being part of the whining train of people that keeps pretending to actually make a difference, while all you really do is making SI frustrated because, really, 90 % of you just state how TERRIBLY BAD everything it is, while 10 % actually state WHAT's bad, and HOW it can be changed to the better.

So, here it went, a totally unimportant rant about totally unimportant ranters. Please, if you're going to be negative, atleast make the critisism constructive. If not...well, then you can just go fuck yourselves.

Ah, you went and spoiled things by losing control at the end. People get mad about the game because they care about it. We're all on the same side here remember. We all love the game.

But here now, I mean, you guys totally have the right to be astonishingly critical to a game that haven't been released yet, by just playing a demo. A demo, which is a fragment of a game that haven't been finished yet. Without some of the features. And playability. And finishing touch. Yeah, that's totally fair.

Sorry to break it to you matey but the demo is made using the same code as the final gold copy that we will buy in the shops. It has all the features, the only difference is it lasts 6 months

Oh and I'm a potential customer that may or may not buy this game, so I have every right to voice my dissatisfaction, as does everyone else on here

Sorry to break it to you matey but the demo is made using the same code as the final gold copy that we will buy in the shops. It has all the features, the only difference is it lasts 6 months

Oh and I'm a potential customer that may or may not buy this game, so I have every right to voice my dissatisfaction, as does everyone else on here

yeah you are right but a lot of these people are moaning as well because their systems are a pile or dog turd. Constructive feedback is always good but I think what he is saying is he is fed up reading posts that say "this game sucks big hairy ass and I will throw my toys out the pram and never play it again". Those threads are completely pointless.

Yeah, ok, so I might have gone a bit over the top but...seriously.

We're not being stupid here. The demo has some obvious flaws that should be corrected in the final version/first patch, but it really ain't that mindblowingly bad. In addition, my rant was directed at the senseless threads, such as the ones craigy is referring to. For instance, one guy complains that his men does not do what they're supposed to. Well...has he considered a change of tactics? Probably not, because that tactic worked on his last, completely different save with Dundee United or whatever.

Also, I removed the offensive part from my first post.

Not everybody has a high spec pc, cause not everyone can afford one, also not everyone has the ability to upgrade. The game works for me, 3d match engine too (my pc gets very loud during the game unfortunetly) but I can play it. I'm glad SI didn't make the specs have to be HUGE like the Fifa Manager specs, cause I and countless others wouldn't be able to play it at all, I hope personally it continues to be the same kind of specs in the future, cause big increases may restrict many people from playing the game. I can sympathise with those who can't play the game, I was highly looking foward to the demo so would of have been hugely disapointed if I wasn't able to run it.

And I think the points already been made, but the demo is the final retail version. I think some of people's frustrations stem from the fact it is the final retail version, if it was beta demo where it could be fixed I don't think there would be many complaints, after some realised it was infact a demo that was a work in progress.

I agree some people have been a bit over the top, but it's a positive they are passionate and do care about the game, I'm sure SI wouldn't change that fact. If people could just try to make their points without being rude and be constructive that would be better. But opinions should be expressed I feel as we are fortunet SI listen to feedback so it will highlight some errors and hopefully improve the game in the future.

The whole PC thing I don't really understand, my pc is 3 years old, and I'm sure not with a good graphics card, I can run 3D, yet I have seen reports on the forum of much more powerful PC's with better specs than mine having issues.

Archived