A thread for people who LIKE the new 3D...

I am truely shocked at the amount of people ripping the 3d match engine to bits!

Obviously i expect a fair few people to find it hard to be dragged away from the 2d engine, but come on, what did they expect?? A fifa style match with 100000 animations? I think its a very fair representation of the 2d engine and i enjoy watching my lower league striker scoring a Ronaldo style free kick, or watching my keeper produce a fantastic save! I did expect it to be fantastic, and to be honest, its proberbly better than what i expected!

If i remember correctly, this exact same thing happened last year with the 2d engine where SI had their hard work slagged off.

For what its worth, Im on your side!

(cue the 100's of messages slagging me off...)

im quite happy with it atm. i would like the 2D view to be better incase i want to switch back. i tried 2D classic and it wasnt good, although i have heard people say you should watch it in tv view so i'll need to try that. also normal 2D makes my computer crash so i'm a bit wary of that.

I've grown to love the 3D when watching it in classic view. I don't like TV mode at all, it makes the imperfect animations much more obvious. In classic view when in windowed mode the players are smaller so you don't notice the oddities much. It's very enjoyable

Wish i could comment but unfortunately my laptop is not worthy enough for 3d! Was so looking forward to it as well and cant believe the number of negative threads!

Still enjoying the other new features for 09 and will carry on regardless of the 3d!

The new game and the 3d demo are a success. At first I had some of the problems that have appeared in the various forums about the game. However, after following the advice and instructions given by SI in the appropriate threads, My demo is running well.

Because I have only 1gb of ram, I am playing the vanilla version in windows mode. I intend to upgrade to 2gb in time for next week. My pc's limit is 2gb of ram, otherwise I would upgrade higher.

I hope one of the "mods" reads this and can pass onwards and upwards my appreciation of the assistance that I have received this week. It more than makes up for some of the dreadful comments made within these forums. Civility costs nothing. Kind regards to all.

Yep, gotta say i like what i've seen of it too. I have a bit of an issue with lag, though its probably my pc as its intermittantly ok. I need to check my specs tonight. i also occasionally get 2d circles instead of 3d players.

Great first attempt though SI, it can only get better with more work and, quality well-thought-out not slagging respectful, feedback.

So many people wanted it. And just becaue it aint perfect there being ****heads. Of course the 1st 1 wont be perfect, nothing ever is, it has to be developed and expanded. And if they dont put it in the game for another few years they wont have been able to develope it an further than it is because of the feedback they need.

I like it even though it aint perfect, there are now visions where you can see the long ball, and headers rather than a lob looking like it was rolled along the floor. Cheers SI.

The 3D match engine is very good, better than I expected.

I does exactly what I wanted it to do by giving me a better representation of my team's performance and tactics.

The ME is very playable.

It is great that SI will always look to build on and improve any feature, which I expect will happen with various patches and in later game versions.

A word of caution on all those expecting PES style, realistic or much improved 3D representation, not only will their computer / graphics card not be good enough, I assume that this will have a big impact on saved game file sizes, probably leading to complaints from those who want those improvements that games take too long to load / save :rolleyes:

The match engine is really growing on me at the moment. As long as it doesn't get laggy when the full game's weight of data is behind it it'll be fabulous. My laptop seems to be just about ok with it, and I really really really hope its the same case when the full one comes out.

The longer you watch it the better it gets, little flicks off the players, how the ball does bounce awkwardly and they have to move to accomodate it. I really hope playing a LLM game on a soaking tuesday night in february means players are sliding about unable to control the ball etc. Can't wait to see if its so and just so hope I'm not disappointed.

It's a shame some people are so shallow these days. The graphics are totally acceptable for the 3D view, it's the mechanics and coding that I'd rather they worked on

Anyone who is old enough to of had a NES or SEGA master system etc should appreciate that gameplay is more important than graphics

You've got to be kidding.

The 3D is just terrible. Just look at the fifa manager one.

Fm has gone many years backwards with this feature IMO.

I'm perfectly happy wth the 2D and will be sticking to it

Too bad that what happens in FIFA Manager ME is completely random and tbh far from realistic (when i played it I used the text mode)...and btw read the title of the thread lol.

im enjoying the 3-d as well, the graphics are basic, but if you use the elevated view it looks very good, im not so keen on the main stand and corver view though! I also like the idea of the widgets they have plenty of handy information, however like most people have mentioned they do clutter the screen, maybe they could be transparent.

I'm impressed with the 3D ME.

I was worried downloading the demo that it might not even work due to threads and threads of people saying they couldn't get it going. It is a bit jerky but it is a demo and to be honest it doesn't matter all that much that a guy might teleport a few feet so long as I get a good feel for how my tactics are going.

I'm actually glad that the graphics are so basic, I don't even care that there are no supporters. I'll be watching 3D so I can assess my performances, tactics and formations so the less distractions I get from overdone player realism and moving crowds the better.

Red.

Archived