Penalty bug ? (FM09)

Dont know if it has been noticed earlier but i just have a second "4 penalties missed (all 4 hit the post)" once with Man Utd with proper penalty takers and on another quickstart with Milan (4 on post as well), once can happen but twice in one afternoon seems supicious.

might have a look SI guys

cheers

Only had one miss on penalties so far, probably just bad luck. My problem with penalties is goalkeepers don't want to dive for some reason, just like moving awkwardly to the side after the person shoots.

Doesn't sound strange to me at all. It's just as it was with the 2D engine, just now you can see it in 3D. In the last two versions (FM07 and FM08) the GK's didn't move much on penalties. The only ones you'd miss is the ones the striker shoots to the middle or off target at all.

A penalty problem I have found which is tied in with the early flashing goal commentary. Whenever I have a penalty the flashing of a goal happens before the ball is kicked and the crowd are already cheering. A tad annoying

On my game Modric (Penalty taking 19 and Composure 16) missed, Pavlyuchenko (Penalty taking 17 and Composure 15) missed, Gilberto (Penalty taking 14 and Composure 11) scored, Radoi (Penalty taking 13 and Composure 12) scored.

I have had 4 penalties all taken by Lampard against various teams, he scored 3 and 1 was saved by a dive to the left, otherwise all others the keepers have dived to a side. Not a major problem from what I can tell, possibly 1 error has to do with the tiredness of a player, especially in a shoout-out after a full match. The strikers and midfielders are usually exhausted (sev ie Modric and Pavlyuchenko, and the defenders less so, Gilberto and Radoi) Its just an observation but possibly fitness has a huge effect on the stats, ie very tired player pulls there effective stats down immensly.

Archived