3D Match Engine Wont Work

HI,

I cant get the 3D match engine working on my laptop. It is a high spec laptop but wont work with the 3D.

Whats the point of creating something new and it only been able to work on a handful of users machines ???

what you say is high spec might not be, you can buy a laptop with a good proc and huge ram but a lot of laptops have onboard graphics regardless, this could be your down fall. What is the graphics adaptor in your laptop?

Massive case of SI shooting themselves in the wallet imo, sounds like an awful lot of people can't run the game, and the current product certainly does not justify running out and spending a shed load of cash on a higher spec machine.

If the game was really sate of the art, I could understand it, but people are going to get frustrated at not being able to run FM properly or at all, when seemongly more advanced games run fine on their "poorly spec'd" machines.

Oodman, it could well be the situation that you have a good enough graphics card, but you don't have the driver installed for it.. As I said before, if you post your system specs then we can let you know.

Anyone who is having a problem with the 3D and would like to post a complaint should also state their machine's specs. otherwise, it is just complaining. If you want SI to sort it out give them something to work on. For all they care, you could have a machine with 64 MB card.

What I cant understand is that I have Rome Total War and it runs fine on an old laptop I have (seriously 4 years old) with an average onbaord vid card. Anyone who knows total war knows the graphics are FAR more demanding that in FM, yet FM09 will not run on that laptop in 3d.

SI have f***** something up royally here.

I've got to agree that looking at the quality of the 3d graphics an old 4meg ati rage pro should be able to cope, sorry SI!!

It's a nice evolution but I'd rather be able to play on a laptop with integrated graphics. This has been one of the strengths of the series!

If we can turn it off and use 2d only then cool.

There is always FML which doesn't need much horsepower at all.

Cliff dont talk ridiculous. As the game has to coded for the majority of graphics cards on the market (i.e. DirectX 10 capable) then it is never going to work on graphics card with very low memory.

Many people have the issue of being below the minimum spec and complain that they cant run it. Perhaps it is time for an upgrade if your graphics card is under 128MB.

There are certain issues related to some chipsets and other issues with graphics.

Anybody who has problems should head to the bugs forum, where they will find more useful information than here and can add to the information that is being collated.

Its no use simply saying "I cant get it to work", you need give more information if you genuinely want help.

Hi Lads,

I have also had the problem with the 3d. My computer specs are as follows:

HP G5000

Processor - Genuine Intel T2130 @ 1.86Ghz 1.87 Ghz

Memory (RAM) 1.00GB

32 Bit Operating System

Vista Home Premium

Hope this helps. If not I would appreciate if you tell me where I can get more specs for the laptop!

Cheers for any help

H

Cliff dont talk ridiculous. As the game has to coded for the majority of graphics cards on the market (i.e. DirectX 10 capable) then it is never going to work on graphics card with very low memory.

Sorry Bell I was trying to say the quality of the graphics don't reflect the horsepower required. A bit like crysis!! Obviously it won't run on an ATI rage pro but it looks as if it could :s For the record my machine has ample power to run it. Maybe I need to turn the settings up, not explored there..

I don't want to give SI a hard time as I think they're great folk who embrace their community, but I really hope you can choose to play with the 3d disabled to allow it to run without the required graphics card. Being able to play on non-typical gaming hardware has been one of the strengths of the series. I would like to be able to play it on my old laptop.

Hi Lads,

I have also had the problem with the 3d. My computer specs are as follows:

HP G5000

Processor - Genuine Intel T2130 @ 1.86Ghz 1.87 Ghz

Memory (RAM) 1.00GB

32 Bit Operating System

Vista Home Premium

Hope this helps. If not I would appreciate if you tell me where I can get more specs for the laptop!

Cheers for any help

H

for one...you don't have a dedicated vid card. i'm sure it would make a difference. more ram wouldnt go astray (min 2gb). cpu speed is ok, although it is a touch slow and not dual core

in defence of SI, some of you guys are running the demo on pc/laptops with the processing power of an abacus and without a dedicated video card.

to the o.p.

i'm curious to know what your idea of a high spec laptop is

thanks

I think the issue here is for the sake of the 3d engine the whole game has been coded in such a manner that when it's switched to 2d the system requirements don't drop. Otherwise I cannot see a reason why an integrated graphics card such as an x3100/4500 can't cope with all the ingame menu's etc as those are unchanged from previous versions. It is my understanding that using Directx does not mean a dedicated graphics card is suddenly required, that's down to the engine. Are the 2d menus rendered in 3d? I think SI should address this issue. If sales drop I wouldn't just blame it on FML.

i'm just working from the min specs as quoted by SI. it does say min is 128mb card

Minimum Specs

What are the minimum specifications?

PC System requirements:

Operating System & CPU: Microsoft Windows Vista (2.0GHz CPU) / Microsoft Windows XP (1.4GHz CPU)

Graphics Card: 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, 128MB ATI Radeon 9800, 128MB Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater

Memory: Microsoft Windows Vista (1GB RAM) / Microsoft Windows XP (512MB

No. Some at the minimum spec may not be capable as the are outdated cards. Others are just proprietary rubbish and very marginal, so will probably not get supported.

There are several specific bugs and issues with regards to certain chipsets aswell.

The whole game is rendered by DirectX now so the 128MB is probably best adhered to.

The ONLY way to really know is to try though, and also troubleshoot it by getting the latest drivers, making sure you are installing (and running) it is administartor in Vista and even trying windowed mode.

Archived