2009 Tactic Arrows

Are you guys having the same problem as me, when you on tactic screen and you click on a player and drag the arrows around, well for some reason it doesnt work you can only go forward or back like one space, hope you guys know what i mean, is this the way it is now.

I'm not a big fan of them, but I haven't tweaked the tactics enough. The engine might make up for that. I liked the ability to have my wide players cut inside though, so far I don't know of any way except having them inside and have them close down a lot to pull them back out.

The arrows were removed because they did not symbolize runs, but the state of simply "being there" when the team or the opposition had the ball. SI thought this was unrealistic because users didn't know how to combine the "forward runs" command with the arrows so they took it out. I am having trouble at the moment with getting players to play deeper or further up or inside a little bit, I've been trying to work out the commands I would use and it's been fun trying to figure it out. There was a huge debate about it before, it was a very interesting read.

The arrows never symbolised movement, they indicated two different formations, one attacking and one defending. Players did not time their run into a new position it happened immediately possesion changed.

By removing the arrows as they were and replacing their function to indicate forward runs, SI have been able to make the rest of the tactical functions more effective. While it initially seems like a loss of control, if you tweak any of the other tactics controls you will see far greater difference (with careful observation). Small changes, rather than sweeping changes make the difference.

Archived