Love the Demo!

I have been playing this game since CM 03/04. It is about time that we move to a 3D platform.

Things I like

1. 3D View - I think SI did a really good job. It gives the game a new dimension and takes it to a new level. Now I can appreciate player spacing, see players make runs, and it's much more exciting than seeing little 2D dots running around the pitch. I have a mid-range computer (bought about 2 years ago) and have experience no technical problem whatsoever. People that complain about the new match engine should invest in a newer computer and stop complaining. It is like complaining about not able to watch DVD movies because you only have a video tape machine. You can buy the cheapest computer out in the market today and run FM 2009 successfully.

2. Press conferences - Once again, a new feature that adds much to the game.

3. New skin - it looks so much better than previous editions of FM/CM

4. Able to get Assistant Manager to look for players on loan

Minor Issues

1. Injuries - Lots of people on this forum are complaining about injuries. I agree that it is a little excessive. But anyone that has played previous FM/CM games will know that injuries is usually due to over-training. After adjusting the training workload (just three clicks to the left), I did not get anymore serious injury.

2. Game difficulty - I think the game got easier than FM 2008. I am playing as Everton and have not had a loss yet.

3. Minor glitches with match engine - There is the occasional problem, like players/balls going through the boards lining the pitch. But by no means, do these glitches make the game unplayable.

4. Transfers - Still hard to sell players. But maybe it's because the team that are interested have no money in their transfer kitty.

Overall, I honestly think that the SI team did a good job this year. Compare to most other years, this year's demo is very playable. Of course, we all know that the game will never reach its maximum potential, with all the glitches sorted, until we get a couple of patches. Every year, people complain when the game comes out, but we all know that it will come good.

Welcome to the forums canadiantoffee ^^ Yeah I agree with your post however I wouldn't talk up the 3D

as much as you have. The ME is pretty nice, and in all honesty to see my winger cut inside to receive a sexy

throughball then fang it into goal is great. HOWEVER he always seems to kick the ball weird and runs funny.

He also looks like he has some sort of lower back injury so is standing up tight all the time. Over all it is nice

however as I have said 1000x of times, they had my expectations to high...

Archived