Suggestions from a Mac user

I own a Macbook (december 2006) with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz

2 GB RAM at 667 MHz

GMA 950 (64Mb)

The 3D doesn't work on my laptop, anyway this is not an annoying thing to me, since I care more about the tactical/management aspect of the game. I noticed several problems with this demo.

1) too many injuries in the pre-season, I didn't play more than two months so I can't say about the normal season;

2) I think the transfer system needs BIG improvements, I still find quite difficult to sell good players (such as Gattuso, Ambrosini, Pato...) for a decent sum and buy some player seems to be really expensive, same thing that I experienced with FM2008;

3) I still have a problem that I saw sometimes also with FM2008 (8.0.2 version): sometimes when I have to offer the contract to a young player it appears a window (system window) telling "system array of bounds" then it is impossible for me to offer to the player more than a young-contract or a normal contract but at the minimum wage;

4) the match engine (I'm talking about the 2D version) needs HUGE improvements imho, I find that 8.0.2 was almost perfect, so it could be a good starting point ;)

5) I don't understand why the game starts on 15/7/2008 for Serie A: in Italy all the competitions end in the middle of June, so I think it would be great to start the season on the 1st of July, it would give more time to arrange a decent transfer market and planning the trainings

P.S. my OS is Tiger 10.4.11 and the demo works well with it, can you assure me that also the final game (with huge database, ddt and so on...) and after patches will work so fine with my OS?

Thank you in advance for your kind answer, I do NOT mean to criticize your work, I think the game is great and full of great ideas and interesting innovations, I just want to contribute to have the best game available after patches.

Exactly same issues with 10.5.5, GMA 950. I have ALL those issues!!

Does your entire computer freeze when you attempt 3d too? I'd rather have a warning that it wont work thanks! Check out my thread in the Mac support forum way down...

4) the match engine (I'm talking about the 2D version) needs HUGE improvements imho, I find that 8.0.2 was almost perfect, so it could be a good starting point

The FM09 ME is a work of art. You'll just need to get used to how it works. It is so much better than 8.0.2.

The FM09 ME is a work of art. You'll just need to get used to how it works. It is so much better than 8.0.2.

I agree, it has all the potential to be a work of art, but it needs to be free from bugs and I hope it will be so before January.

What's about other issues? I think these are bugs that SI should fix as soon as possible.

Exactly same issues with 10.5.5, GMA 950. I have ALL those issues!!

Does your entire computer freeze when you attempt 3d too? I'd rather have a warning that it wont work thanks! Check out my thread in the Mac support forum way down...

Exactly, the same here: my computer freeze when I attempt 3D, so I avoid it now, anyway is not a big deal, the 2D (if free of bugs) it's just perfect for me.

the match engine (I'm talking about the 2D version)

Can I just say that there is just one match engine, a 2D visualisation component and a 3D visualisation component. Not a 2D engine and a 3D engine.

Carry on.

Oh and the match engine in 09 is better than 08.

Here is a post from another Mac user: FM responds very strangely to my mouse, both the pad on the macbook and to usb mouses. I get secondary clicks when I use primary click, I get menus when I haven't clicked anything, and sometimes I just can't click about 50% of the icons. Have you experienced the same problems?

I use 10.5.5

I agree, it has all the potential to be a work of art, but it needs to be free from bugs and I hope it will be so before January.

What's about other issues? I think these are bugs that SI should fix as soon as possible.

Apart from 3d issues, I don't think the ME has any major bug. Could you be more specific?

Apart from 3d issues, I don't think the ME has any major bug. Could you be more specific?

The ME is beautiful but it does have a few minor bugs that I've noticed

1. GKs don't follow distribution instructions

2. Too many shots come off the woodwork

3. Occasionally players just stand there with the ball for up to a minute with no one closing them down

When you list a player you shouldn't expect full price for them. What is "decent price" for you? I mean anyone can say decent price and mean completely different things. To be fair I have heard people selling players for market price, while I have been happy with selling them for 50%, if I'm lucky then 70-80%.

I agree with everything you say Piadinaro, especially about transfers and the start date for serie A. If lots of clubs are interested in signing a player it would be good if they started competing against each other, starting a bidding war, rather than just make the same (low) offer again and again, especially when the player is not transfer listed, particuarly as computer controlled clubs expect a fortune for their star players (try buying De Rossi or Sergio Ramos!)

Archived