What happend to constructive critisism?

I know there are bugs in the demo and people are having problems getting the game to work but many of you are on an all out attack against SI. What happend to constructive critiscm about the game? You can make points about what needs to be fixed in a constructive way w/out saying "I'm through with this game", "I'm cancelling my order" ect. Act like adults and address the issues like adults and perhaps people will listen instead of whinging people.

It's the same every year and makes the place generally unpleasant, people fly off the handle for no real reason alot of the time and being brandishing phrases like "it's a disaster" about the place which are generally unhelpful and merely serve to make people look rather silly.

Some have genuine points but the majority go about it in completely the wrong manner and then seem to think we care if they aren't going to buy the game.

Many fail to read the stickys or the announcements and you get duplicate threads and it all becomes a bit of a mess with some good threads getting lost amongst the dross, sure there are some teething problems but some of the OTT reactions on here are ridiculous.

It'll be even worse when the full game comes out.

Just as annoying as less intelligent people venting their frustration are posts like this though.

And this isn't meant as a personal attack by the way, just realize that these people post what they do for a reason, and to tell them to shut up is no less "constructive".

A smart company will value every feedback their customers give, and the fact that so many people love this game and care enough to post their concerns here, however misconceived the posts may be, is only a positive thing.

Just as annoying as less intelligent people venting their frustration are posts like this though.

And this isn't meant as a personal attack by the way, just realize that these people post what they do for a reason, and to tell them to shut up is no less "constructive".

A smart company will value every feedback their customers give, and the fact that so many people love this game and care enough to post their concerns here, however misconceived the posts may be, is only a positive thing.

That does not include me as I am not "less intelligent". ;):D

Seriously, though, I do agree to an extent where you are coming from but I don't think a smart company would value destructive criticism. They are obviously not going to insult the customer to tell them to shut up or anything but if they don't get any constructive criticism from them, then it is not going to help the customer or the company.

I think this place hots up with every release simply because the posters know the SI dev team read and often reply to comments. If they didnt I'm not sure it would be so aggressive here. Some of the people who lose their rag know very little about one, or all three of the following:

1: Their PC (and how it operates)

2: What it takes to make and playtest a game on the PC platform

3: How to put their view across without them sounding like a spoilt child (I'm sure some are children, but they dont need to throw the toys out)

I can be quite critical of the game, but I'm always willing to hear alternative opinions and I'm darn sure to be aware I dont ever know the full story and that my opinion is merely that, my own. SI have to fall on their own swords and not make the game for other people. It's almost impossible to make something for everyone on this board. 99% would make the game worse!

I know there are bugs in the demo and people are having problems getting the game to work but many of you are on an all out attack against SI. What happend to constructive critiscm about the game? You can make points about what needs to be fixed in a constructive way w/out saying "I'm through with this game", "I'm cancelling my order" ect. Act like adults and address the issues like adults and perhaps people will listen instead of whinging people.

this is exactly it...a large number of people posting here are young kids..or at least i hope so.

re technical issues, people must be running some really dodgy hw. in case of the kiddies, probably some 'handmedowns'. i'm running a dell studio 17 with 256mb vid card and the game flies like coco.

i can understand the frustration but would you be running crysis on a pIII? games develope and become more demanding when it comes to hw.

on the other hand, there appear to be some genuine technical issues wich are simply inexcusable. once again SI's quality of testing comes into question.

re the bugs...read above. how could things so obvious be missed by the testers?

having said all that, the game seems stimulating enough. not a lot changed..some things appear to have been dumbed down. it has a general feel of an upgrade. on the other hand, if you read through the forums, you'll notice that most of the big fans don't want any drastic changes. eg 3d (i actually think its quite good)

is it worth $30-$70...i guess

I too, am fed up with thoughtless, broad statements like "I'll never buy FM again" without any constructive points to back it up.

LOL, they don't have to back it up, it's their decision. They don't have to justify it for your judgement.

I can't speak for everyone but personally I'm especially upset because the bugs are so obvious. It just seems insulting to the customer that they didn't even bother to put the care into testing on a game that's obviously loved and eagerly anticipated by so many people. It's one thing if this was a beta test, but this is a demo of the final product. This is what you're putting out there as your work. You think there would be a little more pride shown.

I can't speak for everyone but personally I'm especially upset because the bugs are so obvious. It just seems insulting to the customer that they didn't even bother to put the care into testing on a game that's obviously loved and eagerly anticipated by so many people. It's one thing if this was a beta test, but this is a demo of the final product. This is what you're putting out there as your work. You think there would be a little more pride shown.

You have to remember that 1 day of people playing the demo is probably equivalent to months of testing time in terms of man-hours.

LOL, they don't have to back it up, it's their decision. They don't have to justify it for your judgement.

He may not have to justify it but its comments like that, that do nothing to help the game. They say stuff like that and go off on things saying how much they suck instead of saying, x is a problem and this is why it needs fixing. I agree there are some bugs that need to be worked out but how about saying it in a constructive way. Saying "x sucks and I'll never buy this game again" is not going to get results or help better the game.

I think this place hots up with every release simply because the posters know the SI dev team read and often reply to comments. If they didnt I'm not sure it would be so aggressive here. Some of the people who lose their rag know very little about one, or all three of the following:

1: Their PC (and how it operates)

2: What it takes to make and playtest a game on the PC platform

3: How to put their view across without them sounding like a spoilt child (I'm sure some are children, but they dont need to throw the toys out)

I can be quite critical of the game, but I'm always willing to hear alternative opinions and I'm darn sure to be aware I dont ever know the full story and that my opinion is merely that, my own. SI have to fall on their own swords and not make the game for other people. It's almost impossible to make something for everyone on this board. 99% would make the game worse!

I've had to write a piece of software and test it myself. Let me tell you, there are things that popped up that I never could've found on my own. Ugh!

This is a good point, constructive critisism is important, we're all adults here and ultimately have the same desires, for the games to be the best possible. However people should be allowed to express critical views, as long as it's done in a decent, adult way, I don't think there's a problem with people stating they cancelled their pre order though, that's their right to do so. Personally I waited to pre order cause I wanted to play the demo first, had I pre ordered I possibly would of considered cancellation until the injuries bug was fixed, but without a demo I wouldn't have bought the game at all, so I'm glad there was one, now I want to buy the game once that particular issue is fixed.

My judgement, no. SI's judgement, yes. How can they possibly attempt to look at or fix what that person doesn't like without a little more info than - I've cancelled my order, this sux, etc...

In the end, the customers presence is felt via the wallet, not ill-thought, weightless posts like so many on here.

Cripes, it's a free demo! Imagine if their wasn't!

Archived