Has a patch been announced? -- and other stuff!

NO, this is not a flame-thread, I absolutely love FM09 so far, except for some injuries, of course. I'm asking because I've seen people on here talking about a patch on release date.

Just out of curiousity has this been confirmed?

I hope we can get a patch as soon as possible to stop these forums being spammed to death with 400 threads about how "****" the game is. Not being offensive, but there's absolutely no point in every user who dislikes the demo creating their own thread, writing 2-3 lines about how "awful" the game is. Props to those who actually create lenghty threads with contructive criticism.

Anyways, like I said above, I absolutely love FM09. The transfer system is now much more realistic, in my opinion anyway. The 3d pitch is fantastic, and it runs really smooth on my PC (just got a new high-end PC). I've yet to discover any serious bugs, except for the injuries which I'm sure have bothered most of us. As devs have already said in other threads, injuries usually occur during pre-season or in the first 5-10 games or so, and then it turns to be being way more realistic. Well, it did for me.

Thanks a million for yet another massively enjoyable Football Manager!

PS! For the flamers out there -

We have about three alternatives to Football Manager 2009, and all of those are (sadly) out of shape, out of date, and simply not good enough to compete with what SI Games have created. No one should expect a 100% bug-free, and perfect game each year, because, jesus, SI are only human. It takes time, passion, more time, more passion, and even more time to deliver what they have sensationally been able to deliver to us each year since they took over the series. I'm terribly sorry if I sound offensive towards the people who really couldn't stand the 3d engine and so on, but there it is. There simply does not exist a potential challenger to SI Games.

And yes, there are bugs, there are some people who can't run the game as smooth as they would have like to, and I'm terribly sorry for all the people who can't find the same amount of joy (for verious reasons) in FM09 as I can. If we demand a new FM every year (and YES, we do!), we have to consider the fact that there will be bugs, just as there are in other games, even in some games who has been under development for over 4 years. I know many game studios who doesn't aknowledge this, and are content that they have released the game at all, and stops listening to us, the fans. SI do care. As you've read in Miles' blogs they have spent an incredible amount of time improving stuff that we, the forum-users, asked for after the 2008 release. There will be a patch, or three, there will. So have some patience and wait a few weeks, it's not like you're gonna start playing FIFA Manager instead, right?

Well, guess this post ended up being more than just a simple question if a patch had been announced already, sorry for this.

Thanks for the info! I'm bad at reading stickied threads! Just a shame that this thread will be at the bottom of page 3 by tomorrow because of all the threads that should be either in the first impressions thread or in the bugs forum. It might be good for a great amount of people to read this, to help ease their anger and dissapointment, if anything.

Archived