Important question about the patch.

Now that we've been assured there's a patch coming out on release day, will we still be able to play the save games from the demo on the full version if we install the patch? In the previous versions I've never come across this problem, so hopefully the people who have can give me a bit of insight.

Now that we've been assured there's a patch coming out on release day, will we still be able to play the save games from the demo on the full version if we install the patch? In the previous versions I've never come across this problem, so hopefully the people who have can give me a bit of insight.

The patches have always been save game friendly mate. Its only with the database updates that you need to start a new game

SI will say "we recommend you start a new game with the patch". It should work fine continuing your game but when you get new bugs due to the new patch then you'll be told that it's because you didn't start a new game.

So I would say that you're best treating the demo as a demo rather than a start to a game. Quite why you would want to buy a game that needs patching on release day which will in turn introduce new bugs is beyond me. I'd suggest you ought to wait until the 2nd patch which should hopefully fix the bugs the first patch introduces. I reckon it'll be out in January/February time.

this might have been mentioned well it should have been but what exactly is this patch gunna contain

As far as I know, no one knows what the patch is going to contain. Not even Miles. Presumably it's going to be a lot of bug fixes and possibly some data updates. The latter being the part which worries me because I don't know if the patch will be compatible with the original version save games.

Quite why you would want to buy a game that needs patching on release day which will in turn introduce new bugs is beyond me. I'd suggest you ought to wait until the 2nd patch which should hopefully fix the bugs the first patch introduces.

So far I haven't experienced many of the issues that most of this forum have complained about. Although the first patch would be nice to have to fix the goals flashing before going over the line.

As far as I know, no one knows what the patch is going to contain. Not even Miles. Presumably it's going to be a lot of bug fixes and possibly some data updates. The latter being the part which worries me because I don't know if the patch will be compatible with the original version save games.

They announced it on another forum. The main issues being fixed are the early goal flash whilst watching highlights, the typing bug nonsense and they said they will look into the injuries issue, and if need be , fix it.

i just hope all the bugs are fixed to make the game playable i mean on fm08 i never noticed anything wrong with the game so if 09 is like tht im happy, i dont want it to freeze, thts the main thing technical issues, the bugs like the so called injury thing will b sorted out in time and is playable with it so i can surrvive with just a patch that makes sure the game will actually work

Archived