What new transfer centre ?

The whole new system refers to a whole new way that the AI deals with transfers. Aestheticly it looks exactly the same. However in terms of transfers between clubs, its more than likely much more realistic.

Yeah im wondering why they didnt include loan periods longer than a year and also having first option on individual players..I havent really tried buying many players because i was too disheartend by the actual game

i thought that wasn't allowed anymore? Didn't FIFA stop that quite a few years ago?

Prices I've seen in the window aren't as out of whack as last version. Troublesome to get players but I'm a bit cheap so difficult to pay over their valuations. The other teams constant bidding on my players is annoyign but then again I do that too so overall it seems improved.

i thought that wasn't allowed anymore? Didn't FIFA stop that quite a few years ago?

Yes, it stops big clubs bagsying youngsters.

Real Madrid: "£1million on that Freddy Sears if you don't mind. If we feel like it we'll take him off your hands in 18 months for £5million."

West Ham: "Hmm..."

Hammers are struggling financially at the mo so might just take that offer. Then if Freddy breaks into the England squad like Rooney or Walcott, and his price rockets to £20million, Real have West Ham over a barrel.

That may be why it's not allowed any more.

Yes, values are much better, you can sell players for over the value and buy players for similar kinds of price hikes. Rather than having to spend £25m on Dean Ashton or something crazy.

Man City buy everyone too, which is great

AI managers now shortlist more than one player per position. More players shortlisted means more interest in your players which makes it easier to sell. In that respect it is almost like selling players is a new feature.

The opposition actually negotiate now - even to the tune of £50k on an £8m deal. It is no longer a case of throwing money at a club until they bite - offer anything over the asking price, even on a player not transfer listed, and the AI is 1000% more likely to see it as a good deal, or at least worth considering. Again transfer negotiation could easily be listed as a new feature.

I've just sold Sylvain Distin for £10m and replaced him with Matthew Upson for £6. Distin was valued at £3.5m and Upson at £4.5m. In FM2008 I would probably have made a loss of £8-10m on that deal. Both the selling and buying teams recognised the deals as good in their context.

Quick edit to add one more thing. Other teams do still hunt your players, however, you can price then out and they won't come back, or at least they will try an improved bid. FM2008 was take it or leave it and when you left it you would get the same price offered again.

The transfer system may look the same, but this time it works and the whole magic of buying and selling players is back.

Ye its ridiculous how another club will get a player for slightly over value (e.g. couple of million) then you try get htem and they won't even accept 10mil.

I tried buying Aguero (valued at 14mil) for 36mil, they turned it down.

Bought Anderson for 28mil (valued at 11mil).

Bought Owen for 7.5mil (value at 4mil).

2 players (cant remember there names, some weird spanish names my scout found), both at 8mil I got one for 14mil and didnt get the other which I offered 18mil for.

New transfer system? Jog on.

Ye its ridiculous how another club will get a player for slightly over value (e.g. couple of million) then you try get htem and they won't even accept 10mil.

2 players (cant remember there names, some weird spanish names my scout found), both at 8mil I got one for 14mil and didnt get the other which I offered 18mil for.

Oh so surprisingly people don't want to sell their prized assets? :D , all that you've said is much more realistic than the previous version was.

Well, Miguel Veloso for 12.5 is a great signing, I'd have to pay 3 times as much in 08 and his stats are equal to the ones in 08

Marcelo for 4.4 may be TOO cheap

But I hope there won't be any Kolo Toure for 85 million to Milan problems:)

Owen is in the last year of his contract, so the club are more willing to listen to offers for him. Aguero and Anderson are two of the best young players in the world, unsurprisingly their clubs don't want to sell them. I really don't see the problem here. From what I have seen, the transfer system seems massively improved.

on my game city bought marek hamsik for 32.5m thats not realistic

What the richest club in the world spending tens of millions to buy one of the world's most hotly rated youngsters from one of Italy's top clubs isn't realistic?

They just bought Robinho for £28mil, for crying out loud.

on my game city bought marek hamsik for 32.5m thats not realistic

In terms of the sheer potential that player has in the game (In other words he's rated as a serious superstar potential wise) its probably realistic. :)

Owen is in the last year of his contract, so the club are more willing to listen to offers for him. Aguero and Anderson are two of the best young players in the world, unsurprisingly their clubs don't want to sell them. I really don't see the problem here. From what I have seen, the transfer system seems massively improved.

Totally agreed. Sounds as if Kurtis wants to sign the world's best players for pittance. Ain't going to happen, neither in game or in real life.

hmmmm

i wonder if the rivalry between clubs has changed in terms of transfers for example manutd and real madrid are unlikely to do business with each other since the Cristiano Ronaldo saga. So maybe if u prize a teams star player or potential star player that they didnt really want to sell but had to because he was unsettled (by your team) then it should affect deals with that club in the future?

SI what do you think? maybe for a future edditon if it's not happened already?

hmmmm

i wonder if the rivalry between clubs has changed in terms of transfers for example manutd and real madrid are unlikely to do business with each other since the Cristiano Ronaldo saga. So maybe if u prize a teams star player or potential star player that they didnt really want to sell but had to because he was unsettled (by your team) then it should affect deals with that club in the future?

SI what do you think? maybe for a future edditon if it's not happened already?

Not too sure about that idea, I wouldn't want to be penalized for praising a player away from a club, something that doesn't happen to me often and probably not between the AI. And I doubt the Cristiano Ronaldo 'saga' will stop a transfer between those clubs if they both wanted to do it, even the bickering between whose older and more senile.

Archived