What set up do you have?

It appears that with these and other threads, we are building a FM census/demographic. But I honestly have wondered what other FM addicts have around them when they play, what is required in their FM world, so...

Computer: Laptop/Desktop etc.

Soundtrack: Silence/Crowd noise from the game/Radio (sports or music)/Sky Sports (live or news)/CD's/ipods etc.

Snacks: Bag of potato chips/crisps, Big bowl of fruit, familysize bag of popcorn, dominos on speed-dial...

Venue: Bedroom/Office/Spare Room/Lounge

So for me:

Computer: Work Lap-top (managed to install FM08 after assistance from friendly IT guy)

Soundtrack: Various, but predominately music from either CD or ipod, skysports news or live footy in the background

Snacks: If I'm on a FM binge, then it tends to be all your daily meals eaten while playing FM

Venue: Spare room/office, although I have been utilising lounge more often, or hotel rooms if away on business

It appears that with these and other threads, we are building a FM census/demographic. But I honestly have wondered what other FM addicts have around them when they play, what is required in their FM world, so...

Computer: Laptop/Desktop etc.

Soundtrack: Silence/Crowd noise from the game/Radio (sports or music)/Sky Sports (live or news)/CD's/ipods etc.

Snacks: Bag of potato chips/crisps, Big bowl of fruit, familysize bag of popcorn, dominos on speed-dial...

Venue: Bedroom/Office/Spare Room/Lounge

So for me:

Computer: Work Lap-top (managed to install FM08 after assistance from friendly IT guy)

Soundtrack: Various, but predominately music from either CD or ipod, skysports news or live footy in the background

Snacks: If I'm on a FM binge, then it tends to be all your daily meals eaten while playing FM

Venue: Spare room/office, although I have been utilising lounge more often, or hotel rooms if away on business

hehe Good thread icon14.gif

Computer: Laptop

Soundtrack: BBC Radio Five Live usually if it is sport, otherwise Radio 1.

Snacks: Crisps, Chocolate, Tea etc... hah.

Venue: At home in bedroom usually. Sometimes at a friends, but I am trying to stop being friends with him now as usually when I'm there I lose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Me, I like to take my time and browse, with others you feel you have to rush. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for double post, it wasn't there originally ^

But YES... With others you can never concentrate properly. It's terrible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bridport_james:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Me, I like to take my time and browse, with others you feel you have to rush. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for double post, it wasn't there originally ^

But YES... With others you can never concentrate properly. It's terrible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why i don't play network games. Everyone's like HURRY up and i'm looking at players. Pre season is a very important time.

Computer: Desktop

Soundtrack: Either music from ipod/Toronto FC live feed/playoff hockey live feed

Snacks: Varies from watermelon to chips to actual breakfast/lunch/dinner and 2-3 bottles of water icon_biggrin.gif

Venue: Bedroom

Computer : Laptop

Soundtrack : XFM Scotland more often than not, but Sky Sports News/Gillette Soccre Saturday/BBC Score (only if I can't access Sky Sports) or any form of live football if poosible.

Snacks : Anything that's going really, but if I'm on a 12-hour-binge then I tend to use International matchdays to go make a sandwich or two, and stock up on munchies for the the next 2 hours or so.

Venue : Bedroom mostly on weeknights but at weekends I tend to use living room.

And I've never played with other people, but me and my mate spend at least half an hour (generally more like 2 hours) talking about it every day at school.

Computer: Laptop

Soundtrack: Television in the background

Snacks: If i can manage to peel myself of the sofa, i will regularly eat numerous chocolate filled snacks

Venue: Living room but i need to change. I regularly lash out and shout at people, blaming them for my in game failures

Computer: New Shiny PC

Soundtrack: Music or BBC Radio 4 or 5 live

Snacks: depends on mood but can be many and various

Drinks: Juice or (after 1800hrs - Fine white wines).. icon_wink.gif

Venue: My Computer Room

Computer: Slightly overloaded Desktop

Soundtrack: Five live or some family guy on the telly

Snacks: Diet coke with a twist of almonds. It's awesome but i'm a bit worried about cyanide poisoning.

Venue: My giant leather chair in my bedroom

Computer: Mid-range desktop

Soundtrack: iTunes & crowd noise, unless I'm playing while revising (in which case I just have crowd noise)

Snacks: Usually just coffee or whatever I'm eating for lunch/dinner

Venue: Bedroom desk (no space in living room, so I can't play while watching TV)

Social Scenario: Usually by myself, though I've played the odd online game with friends but someone always runs into technical difficulties so we tend not to bother.....

Computer: Laptop.

Soundtrack: The in-game crowd, mp3 music and any live footy.

Snacks: Fruit & water. I like grapes! And of course breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Venue: Bedroom. Sometimes on neutral ground.

Social: I like to play solo, but I use to talk to my FM mates on MSN while playing. Sometimes LAN.

Archived