Change 3D Match Widgets Opacity

Finally playing a match on the FM09 demo and I really like the new 3D match engine, sure it's not Pro Evo or FIFA but I don't care.

I would however like the option to change the widgets opacity like you can for the sidebar widgets in Vista.

I've put 4 on the screen to have a look at them to experiment and to be honest they are a distraction from the game as they stand out quite boldly, whereas if they were almost see through you could see the game underneath them but at the same time see the information you've put on the screen. Normally the Vista's widgets opacity is changed via the right click, so maybe something to think about.

Before anyone say's "turn them off then", well I don't want to I like to have this new information at my fingertips but would rather it didn't take up so much space so turning down their opacity is the answer.

EDIT - It would also be nice to have on the TV view at least a button to get to our tactical changes quicker like our subs without leaving the TV view and then selecting it?

Phil,

I can't agree more wholeheartedly.

I am very excited about having all of the info I like to watch at my fingertips while the game is playing, however in 2d-classic or 2d-standard mode, the "widgets" infringe on the pitch.

I would pay MONEY for the ability to graphically re-size the pitch and the widgets to fit how I like them!!! I would love for this to be in the game settings, so I could graphically size everything for viewing the matches. This would also allow people with different monitor sizes to arrange however best suits their monitor.

Along with widget tweaking, how about the ability to tweak 2d and 3d graphics options OVERALL?

For the 2D engine:

Player size

ball size

pitch color/texture

weather effect display

net-depth

etc.

Tons more for 3d (fan display, stands display, referee display, etc.)

It would also be nice to have on the TV view at least a button to get to our tactical changes quicker like our subs without leaving the TV view and then selecting it?

Agreed!

SI, I hope these suggestions are not lost! Keep up the good work!

-Hunter

EDIT - It would also be nice to have on the TV view at least a button to get to our tactical changes quicker like our subs without leaving the TV view and then selecting it?

There is - where your team name is (in the top left as part of the scoreline thing) there's a button with a couple of arrows (one green, other red) which takes you straight to the tactics screen.

There is - where your team name is (in the top left as part of the scoreline thing) there's a button with a couple of arrows (one green, other red) which takes you straight to the tactics screen.

What he said. :D

And about the widgets, I would also like if you could resize them as well as change their opacity.

+1 for resizing, when you've subbed someone you can not see all the guys within scrolling the box up and down all the time. similar with the feedback box, have to keep scrolling.

in widescreen support, it'd be great to be able to resize the tv view mode slightly less width, so you can have the widgets pinned to the side without overlaying the pitch.

a promoted feature this year was widescreen support, but I'm not sure what difference it is other than automatically selecting the resolution rather than having to do full_screen_width command line setting. I had expected widescreen support would utilise the space more effectively rather than just make really really wide columns.

They should be 90% transparent until you move your mouse cursor over the box, then it should become 25% transparent.

Thats the way I'd prefer it.

Its great that there are widgets, but you can't use them unless you are willing to miss seeing goalmouth action at one end!

They should be 90% transparent until you move your mouse cursor over the box, then it should become 25% transparent.

Its great that there are widgets, but you can't use them unless you are willing to miss seeing goalmouth action at one end!

That's a cracking idea.

100% agree... this is such a simple idea thats been totally overlooked it seems. Its been done in loads of other games that are a number of years old so I can't see why it can't be done here.

+1. Very nice idea.

If you have Vista then you'll know how useful having the opacity turned on to 90 to 100% so that you can still see them and your background (or pitch in this case) and they only turn solid again when your cursor rolls over them.

Very good suggestion. Can you repost this in the suggestions forum please. :)

I would if I knew which forum that was as there isn't one called suggestions that I can see.

This suggestion had already been logged by the SI testing team and will be considered. Thanks for the suggestion though!

err ok.......as I cannot find that forum I'll take your word for it.

EDIT - How do you make text bold etc. as I miss the ease of use of the old forum plus smilies no idea how to get them either.

at the moment the 2D view is almost unplayable for me. i like to be able to keep an eye on player rating and flick through other things (including the new ass man feedback). however on the tv view i cant see the pitch for the widgets (i have to keep moving them around to see things, very annyoing) and the classic view, which im going to have to use, is so much smaller. i think this is due to the new highlights bar along the bottom but there is wasted space on the screen.

does anyone know if either of these can be fixed in the patch of if we have to wait for the next game for it to be sorted.

I can't go back to 2D now despite the 3D not being perfect it's far far better than 2D ever was.

But I've had to turn off the widgets now on the tv view as they get in the way, definately need to change their opacity so they don't obscure match action.

Archived