Am I the only one that likes the game and the 3d highlights?

I have read a few topics on here saying how awful the 3d highlights is and how they wont be buying it etc so thought I would give the demo a go and see if it really is that bad knowing to expect a few bugs same as previous versions only to see most of them fixed via a patch within a month or two.

I decided to select Northampton Town as my team and I made a few bids for players the transfers were not too bad the clubs came back to me and made realistic offers. I then went to the game and watched the match and 3d and thought it was really good. I didn't get any slow down etc although saw a few things which could be improved such as

Goalkeepers rooted to their line when a cross comes in rather than trying to catch the cross

Defended a corner and my defender at the post made no effort to clear the ball off the line

Players at time seem to have too much space and too many long shots.

I enjoyed the press conference when I took over Northampton although felt the questiouns went on a bit so decided to make the questioun I answered the last one.

I like the match reports and the way the weekly news is now done

Dont get me wrong I am sure the game is not perfect and some things need fixing although I am just flying through the demo as dont see the point in taking hours to find new players etc as it is only a 6 month demo. I just want to see the new features and how it plays in 3d.

I have read people saying this game is the same as last seasons only with a few extra features and 3d mode. What did they expect? Bit like saying I wont buy FIFA this year because apart from 11v11 and better animation it is the same as last years.

I have to agree with you Tony7. I feel that I had to see the demo for myself rather than just reading other peoples comments and to be honest I am loving the 3D highlights. I feel i can actually see what my players are doing (or not doing) and adjust accordingly....like both my MC's were leaving an AMC behind them so I dropped one of them into DMC position and this solved the issue. OK its very early days and I may come back here and say this 3D highlights thing is not actually that good... but right now I am not seeing any issues with it. Not having any slow down issues that have been reported (OK I have a new PC with top graphics card and its quad processor and plenty of RAM.)

Also... 3 games in and not one injury so waiting to see if this injury bug hits me in the next few games as it seems to be a common thing...

So far i like it.... but only 3 games in so not counting my chickens yet!!!

Well i'm Chelsea (being a Leeds fan eh ;)) and i'm really enjoying it. Drogba,Essien,Lampard,Deco and Anelka have all got injuries but i still managed to beat Manchesta U, Villa and Blackburn. Back to the original point though i think it's a cracking game with added features that really add something else to the game.

There might be a problem with the injuries maybe too many if everyone is having the same problem but if it is an icealated incident you just have to look at Chelsea this season to see how many injuries they have had.

I think Torres stats should be a bit higher but I am biased. I am sure there are big bugs within the game but most appear after a season or two rather than 6 months. I dont want to suck up to the game because it is early days and as I have said bugs normally appear after a season or two but a lot of people are giving bad feedback over the game because they are finding it hard to win a game or their machine can't cope with the 3d animation which is not the fault of the SI team well game difficulty is to an extent but I am pleased to hear it is hard means I will have to play it longer and take more time to think of ways to win games.

I am sure people complained about the 2d graphics in the past and the game was too easy. I am looking forward to the graphic packs etc that people make. The 3d matches I would like to see play switched from one side to the other more with teams trying to stretch the play and more through balls.

no i like the game also, they need to sort the injurys though, I currently have 10 injured players including, adebayor, henry, arteta, walcott, eboue and van persie all out for months. to make it worse henry was out for 1 month went back into training and got injured again for another 2 months ha ha

The game runs fine on my laptop, and I do like the 3D interface. It really does make analysing the game easier. However the injury bug will probably put lots of people off though, unless you have a huge squad. Even with Arsenal and a rotation policy I had trouble avoiding injuries, which sometimes can be quite annoying. And the players' stamina seems to run down too fast during games.

I love the 3D match engine. Sure the graphics aren't brilliant but at least i got to see a Gerarrd volley from 33m out go in just under the crossbar and a Riera diving header soar past the GK. However I only got to play that one friendly game because when i got up to my next match the game froze before it even got to the team talk. I tried starting a second game with a french team but it froze at my first friendly. Then i decided to uninstall and download again but still the same problem occured. No one else seems to have this problem so it must be my computer...hope this doesn't happen with the full version.

This is the first demo i have downloaded and i only did that to see if the 3D worked on my laptop. I almost always watch the match with commentary only anyway (habit from the very early days). I fiddled around with some of the new features and have to say it looks pretty good.

Will probably buy the game on release day, install the patch and then get a proper feel for the game.

I can't play 3d because i don't know how to update my directx video card driver, but it sounds good tho.

If you install the windows updates it should find updates for your drivers in the updates. I agree with the injuries and match fitness problems but hopefully they will be fixed if not on day of release sometime shortly after.

Strange how every new version of Football Manager suffers from them two problems Still enjoying the game and the new player rating system.

Don't worry too much about what people are posting. It's a psychological tendency for people to exaggerate their views when in a group situation, especially if they assume that their opinion is unanimous.

Personally I like the 3D, but I also like other things in the game, new functions etc. But there are also things I don't like, such as unrealistic transfers.

Liking the game as well. Had a few minor problems, game decided to freeze when i tried to offer a new contract to a player but just reloaded and didnt offer him a contract second time round!!

Enjoying getting used to the areas and looking forward to getting my hands on the real thing in a couple of weeks.

Good Times!

I dont understand what people really expect from the 3d. For start, I just wanted a better viewing of my tactics in the field. How players line up, close down, make chances, and run. And for that I am really happy the way 3d is. I can see how my team is conceding goals and how well I score and to be honesty I am very satisfied.

I didn't expect the 3d to be anything like PES or FIFA football (not manager) series games so I am happy.

Seeing how the 3d is I would never use 2d and I would never understand why must 1 use 2d to see the highlights. May be my computer is much better than some of the users here and can show the 3d in better way.

desktop - 3d doesnt work, laptop - i like the 3d but it runs too slow to be usable

the game is good but i feel like it could have been much better. The injury bug is annoying and i dont much like the transfer system, dont see any difference but overall if it was the first game in a series i would think it was amazing. as its not im not convinced.

Archived